Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Travis Steele to ........ up the road to Oxford?

A little clip in the paper mentions Travis' name for consideration as the next men's basketball coach for Miami.

Get a nice ride and commute from Hyde Park!
    X A V I E R

All-Conference
    I'd be very surprised honestly. Yes, it's close proximity to where he is now, which is good for him and his family, but probably bad for landing a job. I'm guessing Miami knows better than most of the struggles he had at X, just because they're in the area.

I'd think most ADs would be very hesitant to put him in the head seat when he struggled right down the street in the head seat. Unless it's a very low level, I'd be very surprised if he gets a decent mid major or low major head coaching job for next year.

I hope he lands a good job.
    He may have moved out to Mason a while back from Hyde Park. Not sure.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    He wil land a head coaching job. Stella was not horrible. He just was not quite enough for X , being a top 30 program.
    He will learn more and not have to agree too much at a lesser league school

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    No he's still living in Hyde Park.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'd be very surprised honestly. Yes, it's close proximity to where he is now, which is good for him and his family, but probably bad for landing a job. I'm guessing Miami knows better than most of the struggles he had at X, just because they're in the area.

I'd think most ADs would be very hesitant to put him in the head seat when he struggled right down the street in the head seat. Unless it's a very low level, I'd be very surprised if he gets a decent mid major or low major head coaching job for next year.
    I think Miami, and most schools in their shoes, would be thrilled to get Steele. Yeah, he wasn't up to X's standards, but then again we are a bit unreasonable (deservedly so). He still had his teams ranked most years, recruited at a high level, ran a clean program, but just choked down the stretch under the pressure of the Big East. Seems like a no brainer to take that risk at a school like Miami, especially given his age.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

That place is a grave yard

They missed their chance to exploit their success in the 90's with Harper first and then Wally

Good luck to him if he goes there

They still play in that shit hole Millet I think

That will make it super exciting when we start playing our biggest rivals home and home again.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

They missed their chance to exploit their success in the 90's with Harper first and then Wally

Built in 1968. One year before VD opened the Dump. The problem for both schools is that was a time of orange shag carpeting and Laugh-In on television - psychedelic and crappy architecture where putting "lipstick on a pig" could not be more accurate.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

As much as everyone loved Charlie Coles, Miami hung on to him for waaay too long IMO. Goes to the S16 and then doesn't finish higher than 4th in the MAC for the next 3 years. They went with the 'safe' pick after Sendek bolted and have never recovered.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo