Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    This may be one of the best and saddest undergrad stories I've ever read. Firstly, my sincere apologies for your friend wrecking your evening.

Secondly, how dense does a Miami frat brother have to be to believe that a Jesuit school would have Greek houses on campus.

This is almost Animal House level funny.
    Thanks for feeling my pain. It was absolutely one of those, “you can’t make this shit up if you tried” stories.

I don’t know why, but no one even thought twice to question us about Xavier. Honestly, I don’t think many of those frat guys paid attention to Greek life outside of their own campus. Part of it might also have been that we walked up to each house with such confidence. We’d be walking and when we’d come across a frat house that looked like it had a good party going on inside, we walk up and say, “Oh shit, Sigma Alpha Epsilon! (or what ever frat house it was). We’re Sigma Alpha Epsilon!” They’d be like, “No shit?” We’d be like, “No shit. We’ve been looking for your house. Someone told us you guys were down this way.” They’d be like, “We’ll come on in… the kegs are in the back.” We’d head right to the back, pour ourselves a beer and see if there were any hot women. If there were attractive females at the party, we’d stay and mingle. If it was a “dude ranch” (barely any women), we’d finish our beer and move on to the next house. It was awesome.

I don’t think we mentioned Xavier ever time, but when we did (I guess we did it with a bit of an attitude) they’d just reply “that’s really cool”. They always seemed more interested in impressing us - trying to make us feel like their house was the cool place to be.

It was a wild night. Funny that you brought up Animal House. We were joking that evening about how it felt like we were in that movie. It was a completely surreal experience.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-25-2022 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Thanks for feeling my pain. It was absolutely one of those, “you can’t make this shit up if you tried” stories.

I don’t know why, but no one even thought twice to question us about Xavier. Honestly, I don’t think many of those frat guys paid attention to Greek life outside of their own campus. Part of it might also have been that we walked up to each house with such confidence. We’d be walking and when we’d come across a frat house that looked like it had a good party going on inside, we walk up and say, “Oh shit, Sigma Alpha Epsilon! (or what ever frat house it was). We’re Sigma Alpha Epsilon!” They’d be like, “No shit?” We’d be like, “No shit. We’ve been looking for your house. Someone told us you guys were down this way.” They’d be like, “We’ll come on in… the kegs are in the back.” We’d head right to the back, pour ourselves a beer and see if there were any hot women. If there were attractive females at the party, we’d stay and mingle. If it was a “dude ranch” (barely any women), we’d finish our beer and move on to the next house. It was awesome.

I don’t think we mentioned Xavier ever time, but when we did (I guess we did it with a bit of an attitude) they’d just reply “that’s really cool”. They always seemed more interested in impressing us - trying to make us feel like their house was the cool place to be.

It was a wild night. Funny that you brought up Animal House. We were joking that evening about how it felt like we were in that movie. It was a completely surreal experience.
    I also made a couple of trips to Miami during my Freshman Xavier year to party and try to hook up with hot chicks. On one trip we came back on Friday night (obviously unsuccessful) but a couple of friends got left behind. I don't remember where they spent the night or what they did during the day but they went to several parties Saturday night and got thoroughly trashed. Then they stole a couple of bikes and tried to ride back to X. The reason the bikes weren't locked up is because they were pieces of crap so they ditched them shortly after they left campus. They somehow had a cop give them a ride to Millville. There they went to a gas station and got a box and marker and made a sign so they could hitch the rest of the way. As it turned out, one of the guys also stole a fraternity hat. Some guy driving by who was or used to be in that fraternity saw the hat and drove them back to Xavier.

When everyone got up on Sunday morning and found out these guys were back and in their beds sleeping we woke them up just to hear their stories. They weren't happy about being woke up or being left at Miami but they had a hell of a story.
    No, I be concubining.

Travis Steele would then have to coach and recruit against his younger half brother John Groce, who is the HC at Akron. This would be convenient for Mom. It isn't like Travis needs the money either, he just received a check for $2.7 million from Xavier and his in laws are flush with cash. Miami is a shit job, with terrible facilities. I honestly think Steele can do better than that. He doesn't have to jump at the first opportunity.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Travis Steele would then have to coach and recruit against his younger half brother John Groce, who is the HC at Akron.
    older brother

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    older brother
    Forget it...I am on a roll.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Steele ought to go back home to Butler.
    That would guarantee 2-3 Xavier wins per year……
    And Butler going back to the A10.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Steele ought to go back home to Butler.
    That would guarantee 2-3 Xavier wins per year……
    And Butler going back to the A10.
    Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure from kicking someone when they’re down?

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure from kicking someone when they’re down?
    Of course that was a joke, but Butler, where Steele graduated from, is a mess.
    Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure in posting on here whenever I (and no one else) posts something about ya boi Travis Steele?
    I hope he goes somewhere else, learns how to listen, delegate and become a successful Head Coach with his buyout money.
    You can just take your L and admit that a lot of us were correct…for a few years.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-31-2022 at 09:13 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Travis Steele would then have to coach and recruit against his younger half brother John Groce, who is the HC at Akron. This would be convenient for Mom. It isn't like Travis needs the money either, he just received a check for $2.7 million from Xavier and his in laws are flush with cash. Miami is a shit job, with terrible facilities. I honestly think Steele can do better than that. He doesn't have to jump at the first opportunity.
    I think Travis would be better off getting a high level assistants job than a head coaching job at a low level MAC school. Recruiting top players to Miami would be extremely difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    I also made a couple of trips to Miami during my Freshman Xavier year to party and try to hook up with hot chicks. On one trip we came back on Friday night (obviously unsuccessful) but a couple of friends got left behind. I don't remember where they spent the night or what they did during the day but they went to several parties Saturday night and got thoroughly trashed. Then they stole a couple of bikes and tried to ride back to X. The reason the bikes weren't locked up is because they were pieces of crap so they ditched them shortly after they left campus. They somehow had a cop give them a ride to Millville. There they went to a gas station and got a box and marker and made a sign so they could hitch the rest of the way. As it turned out, one of the guys also stole a fraternity hat. Some guy driving by who was or used to be in that fraternity saw the hat and drove them back to Xavier.

When everyone got up on Sunday morning and found out these guys were back and in their beds sleeping we woke them up just to hear their stories. They weren't happy about being woke up or being left at Miami but they had a hell of a story.
    You know it’s gotta be a wild story when it involves a few stolen bikes, a stolen frat hat, a couple of desperate college students being picked up by the cops and later luckily hitching a ride back to their school only because a passing driver saw the stolen hat that displayed the fraternity name he had been apart of.