Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Percy allegedly had a $2M NIL deal according to Master P and likely brokered by him (prior to coming to X I believe) - I'm guessing that's going to give most coaches pause about having that kind of potential scrutiny for a walk-on. Seems like this kid really doesn't want to play basketball anyway.
    I mean, you know you aren't making the NBA, not playing minutes on a Big East team, and your dad is pretty successful. I could see trying to ride it out somewhere I can actually play for a few years before doing whatever I really wanted to do with some random business degree. Really was strange he transferred here in the first place though, insane that he got a $2mil NIL deal, I don't think I'd want that on my team either personally.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I mean, you know you aren't making the NBA, not playing minutes on a Big East team, and your dad is pretty successful. I could see trying to ride it out somewhere I can actually play for a few years before doing whatever I really wanted to do with some random business degree. Really was strange he transferred here in the first place though, insane that he got a $2mil NIL deal, I don't think I'd want that on my team either personally.
    He was at Tennessee state. Not exactly Duke. He had surgery and then made a big deal about the quality of the medical care. So he transferred mid year to Xavier and has since decided to transfer again.

Too much drama for a Tennessee state level talent

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Percy allegedly had a $2M NIL deal according to Master P and likely brokered by him (prior to coming to X I believe) - I'm guessing that's going to give most coaches pause about having that kind of potential scrutiny for a walk-on. Seems like this kid really doesn't want to play basketball anyway.
    I thought I remembered reading the NIL deal was tied to him attending a HBCU. I questioned if it still existed when he transferred here. Who knows.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    He was at Tennessee state. Not exactly Duke. He had surgery and then made a big deal about the quality of the medical care. So he transferred mid year to Xavier and has since decided to transfer again.

Too much drama for a Tennessee state level talent
    I mean that's kind of what I'm getting at to a point, I didn't know about the drama (also hope he got surgery somewhere other than Tennessee State with a millionaire father, I'm sure he can afford the Hopkins bill lol) but like if you know you're not really that good, I'd totally be cool with being a walk-on, getting some gear, and the semi-perks that come with it. Still insane to me that it was a $2mil NIL deal though, like I get having a famous dad, but sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I mean that's kind of what I'm getting at to a point, I didn't know about the drama (also hope he got surgery somewhere other than Tennessee State with a millionaire father, I'm sure he can afford the Hopkins bill lol) but like if you know you're not really that good, I'd totally be cool with being a walk-on, getting some gear, and the semi-perks that come with it. Still insane to me that it was a $2mil NIL deal though, like I get having a famous dad, but sheesh.
    Some wealthy people have serious "Throw away $".

I believe Master P's daughter/Hercy Miller's sister has died.....only 29.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Unless Hercy’s medical procedure was “Talent Enhancement Surgery” I don’t think he would have fit into Sean’s plans.
    Another example of Steele just taking anybody in who he could get?
    Throw that wide net out there I guess.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Unless Hercy’s medical procedure was “Talent Enhancement Surgery” I don’t think he would have fit into Sean’s plans.
    Another example of Steele just taking anybody in who he could get?
    Throw that wide net out there I guess.
    He was a walk-on, I'm not sure any walk-ons are a big part of Sean's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    The last couple of years we have wanted a "go to" player when we needed a bucket. Boum looks like that guy. But we need someone who can score and create opportunities for the other four players. Is Boum that guy? I guess we'll see. Wonder what this means for the other scholarship? Will we still be looking for a P.G.? I'm guessing probably not because we've now have, in addition to Boum, Kunkel, Tandy, Coby and Desmond , all in the backcourt. We look deep---again. Last year we looked deep and by the end of the season we were playing an eight man rotation. Somehow Miller has to keep all the guys happy and that is going to be tough. Still I'm certain he will do a far better job of it than Steele.
    Word on Madness is Boum has arrived on campus, hanging out with Craft and Claude. So, when did Boum pull out of the Draft? Or did he?

Latest on Souley Boum from Wednesday-
    https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/202...ring-sensation

I kinda doubt that either one of the backcourt Frosh can crack a Miller 8 man rotation come January, if the returning guards stay healthy. So, if Jones becomes a full time backcourt guy, or at least reduced time at the 3, team 101 should have the top backcourt in the BE. If Miller does plan to see Souley slotted at the point, and he can produce at a high level, this looks to get very exciting.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-05-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

2023 Sweet 16