Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    There's also a bit of a bubble due to an extra year granted for COVID. Just a glut of available talent for the next few years
    Yeah exactly, until all those players with the option for the extra year filter through, there are more players than spots in a lot of cases.

Sophomore
    Looks like Hercy Miller is leaving Xavier and entering the transfer portal. Shouldn't matter for Xavier lol. Hope he enjoyed his short stay here.

Isn't it too late for that? Or does no one care when it's a walk-on?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Isn't it too late for that? Or does no one care when it's a walk-on?
    He will have to sit out next year as he has already transferred once and also missed the deadline, unless he transfers down. It doesn’t matter if you are a scholarship player or a walk on, the rule is the same.

I was looking forward to having Master P at our games. Not quite Bill Murray, but....

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Looks like Hercy Miller is leaving Xavier and entering the transfer portal. Shouldn't matter for Xavier lol. Hope he enjoyed his short stay here.
    might be a good thing

Why did Steele take this walk on transfer? It doesn't make much sense unless teh staff agreed he would make X better. He was a sub D1 player and he wanted to transfer to X. Maybe there is a low hanging fruit award with Rappers' relatives.

He wasn't sub D-I. He had a scholarship to Tennessee State. Apparently Danny Peters is close to the family, so it makes sense he left. Not sure why it took so long, though.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    He wasn't sub D-I. He had a scholarship to Tennessee State. Apparently Danny Peters is close to the family, so it makes sense he left. Not sure why it took so long, though.
    I guess he had to sit out either way so it didn't matter?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Percy allegedly had a $2M NIL deal according to Master P and likely brokered by him (prior to coming to X I believe) - I'm guessing that's going to give most coaches pause about having that kind of potential scrutiny for a walk-on. Seems like this kid really doesn't want to play basketball anyway.