Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I would like to pick up Boum.

Quick look at his stats, and I see one thing I'm very interested in.

In the last 2 years, he has taken more foul shots per minute than 70 of our last 75 players.

the only players to get to the line more often were (in order): Thornton, West, Sumner, Posey and Semaj.

And Boum has made 83% of his FTs, which is better than all of the listed 5.

The next guy on the list is Holloway. But Holloway barely edges out Boum in FT% (85%).

Considering that he does not appear to be the primary ballhandler, it would appear that Boum is a bit of a slasher that can draw contact.

I felt like this used to be a key part of the XU identity. We havent had a guy like this since Sumner went down years ago. I think this has been our Achilles heel (FTA per minute) over the last several seasons. Out of 75 Players, here is where some recent guys rank: Kunkle- #71, Odom- #60, Tandy- #69, Johnson- #67, Scruggs- #54, Marshall- #32, Goodin- #56, Castlin- #65, Moore- #74. This has been a problem....

When I was looking into this, I saw that Nunge is ranked #9 (very good) in this category, and Colby was #35 (decent, not great). Adding Boum could suddenly move us to the top of the ranks in FTA per game, and as a by product put lineup pressure on opposing teams and they have to defend against foul trouble.

Hope we get this guy.
    He does brighten up the efficiency numbers.

In the last 2 years, he has taken more foul shots per minute than 70 of our last 75 players.

the only players to get to the line more often were (in order): Thornton, West, Sumner, Posey and Semaj.

The next guy on the list is Holloway. But Holloway barely edges out Boum in FT% (85%).

Considering that he does not appear to be the primary ballhandler, it would appear that Boum is a bit of a slasher that can draw contact.

I felt like this used to be a key part of the XU identity. We havent had a guy like this since Sumner went down years ago. I think this has been our Achilles heel (FTA per minute) over the last several seasons. Out of 75 Players, here is where some recent guys rank: Kunkle- #71, Odom- #60, Tandy- #69, Johnson- #67, Scruggs- #54, Marshall- #32, Goodin- #56, Castlin- #65, Moore- #74. This has been a problem....

When I was looking into this, I saw that Nunge is ranked #9 (very good) in this category, and Colby was #35 (decent, not great). Adding Boum could suddenly move us to the top of the ranks in FTA per game, and as a by product put lineup pressure on opposing teams and they have to defend against foul trouble.

Hope we get this guy.

Great research dig and discovery! Love those slashers who get to the line often. Agree. This once was a huge part of the identity of X teams years ago and something we have sorely been missing. I loved watching those earlier X teams attack the rim to either reel in opponents who had a bit of a lead in games or help create more separation at the end of games to put the game away.

Sounds like Boum comes with a precious skill that has been not been appreciated or emphasized enough by out last coach. When you have players on the roster who are really good at drawing contact and do it often, it will result in at least a few more wins every year. Marshall was a guy who (beside his erratic 3 point shooting) possessed that skill set. I would imagine Hankins would be pretty high on the list.

Before I saw your stats about Nunge being the 9th best at getting to the line and Jones being next best at it from the current roster, I had it in my head that those two felt most like the old X players with that kind of identity. I could see both of them getting to the line even more next year with Miller at the helm.

I hope we can land him too.
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-02-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Hope we get this guy.
    Not to mention consistently above 35% from behind the 3 as well, and this team desperately needs some guys that can knock shots down from deep. Obviously won't have the same type of numbers in a better conference, but it looks like a pretty intriguing pick up. I wonder what his defense is like.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Not to mention consistently above 35% from behind the 3 as well, and this team desperately needs some guys that can knock shots down from deep. Obviously won't have the same type of numbers in a better conference, but it looks like a pretty intriguing pick up. I wonder what his defense is like.
    As good as he is and he is very efficient. But X needs a strong point guard who can defend and distribute. Hope he is that guy.

Sophomore
    Adou Thiero will commit May 8th and it looks like he will go to UK. Hopefully we will get some good news soon.

John Calipari: “We’ve got another kid committed who is going to announce here shortly.”

Yea, I think that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    John Calipari: “We’ve got another kid committed who is going to announce here shortly.”

Yea, I think that ship has sailed.
    ….and then Calipari will go about trying to find a 5 Star recruit to replace him…….

BOUM!!!
    Anybody who's Twitter handle is "Buckets for Sale" is alright with me!

Plus, He’s got Soul(ey)!!!
    Committed
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    BOUM!!!
    Anybody who's Twitter handle is "Buckets for Sale" is alright with me!

Plus, He’s got Soul(ey)!!!
    Committed
    But I think he is also in the NBA draft (without an agent)? So still a chance he may not come if he gets drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by XU Rocks! View Post
    But I think he is also in the NBA draft (without an agent)? So still a chance he may not come if he gets drafted.
    Great catch. Excellent statistical analysis by MHettl