Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I wonder how many players go into the portal deal, and then don't get drafted, or picked up by another school, and then try to go back to their original school and find out their slot has been filled? (scholarship given to someone else)
    I read an article in The Athletic about a kid who was all-conference, lead the country maybe even in tackles as a linebacker, was a bit undersized etc. who went into the portal thinking he was gonna get swept up by a P5 team, and nobody came knocking, and now he's in limbo as a lot of spots have been filled, etc. Obviously the numbers between football and basketball are different, but I think it happens more than we know.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I think so. And to be honest this doesnt make parity worse to me. I mean a school who had a deep pocket donor who isnt a traditional power (or who didnt want to break previous rules) now has a chance to steal a guy from a bigger/better school.

I mean that has literally been the fear of some on here that X will lose guys to schools that arent as good as X at basketball that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.
    Yeah literally though, what's stopping some rich billionaire alum from just throwing cash at a "play thing"?? Nothing with NIL, I mean hell look at what Texas A&M did in football (granted they aren't some scrub, but to out recruit Georgia and Alabama is impressive), oil money runs deep. I'm kind of shocked Phil Knight hasn't just turned Oregon into a play thing at this rate to be honest. It does even the playing field a little and bring more parity on, however some schools are obviously more loaded with rich alum than others. Not to mention, those rich alums have to care about the sport they're throwing money into.

Sophomore
    Illinois State transfer Antonio Reeves is down to 5 Schools. ( UK, Nebraska, Xavier, Oregon, DePaul). Sean is aiming very high on recruiting.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Illinois State transfer Antonio Reeves is down to 5 Schools. ( UK, Nebraska, Xavier, Oregon, DePaul). Sean is aiming very high on recruiting.
    Nice I like it! Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    One of those schools concerns me more than the others. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    One of those schools concerns me more than the others. Fingers crossed!
    Don't be worried about DePaul! LOL
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Coach Ben Johnson snags Dawson Garcia from the portal along with a talented PG from Morehead. Gophers will be much improved.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Coach Ben Johnson snags Dawson Garcia from the portal along with a talented PG from Morehead. Gophers will be much improved.
    Garcia was a slam dunk for Minnesota since he probably needed to be closer to home. Hopefully he can focus on basketball this year. Sounds like the last year has been tough on him.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Garcia was a slam dunk for Minnesota since he probably needed to be closer to home. Hopefully he can focus on basketball this year. Sounds like the last year has been tough on him.
    wait, he's transferred twice now?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Likely will get a waiver because of serious medical situations in his family.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yes left North Carolina team mid season due to some deaths in his family back in Minnesota is the way I understand it.