Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Wards final 3 are va tech, lsu and Georgetown. All of those are lesser programs, so I say to that, good riddance.

In years past, the "final" whatever (3, 5, 6, etc.) seemed more like hype on the kids part to drag out the suspense.

With the NIL, it's now a full blown bidding sequence to see who comes up with more $ each round.

Edit: Case in point, Pack from Kansas St.
    Visits OSU, Miami and Purdue.
    Picks Miami: says that they play a style that will help him develop for NBA (he's small point guard)

While all that may be true, he also got $400k a year, for 2 years, and a car from somebody in Miami.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1517947722086686720
    Last edited by paulxu; 04-24-2022 at 06:50 AM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Wards final 3 are va tech, lsu and Georgetown. All of those are lesser programs, so I say to that, good riddance.
    If true, I totally agree. A kid who wants to play for Steele but not Miller doesn't belong here.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Why are so many of you presuming that all these kids are going to the highest bidder? Think about this rationally for a second rather then the stoking of fear some of you are trying to instill. Yeah the money is nice, but then the kid has to play for that coach, that program, that style of play, and go to that school.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    If true, I totally agree. A kid who wants to play for Steele but not Miller doesn't belong here.
    This looks pretty legitimate

https://techlunchpail.com/blog/four-...-30th-decision

Why are so many of you presuming that all these kids are going to the highest bidder? Think about this rationally for a second rather then the stoking of fear some of you are trying to instill. Yeah the money is nice, but then the kid has to play for that coach, that program, that style of play, and go to that school.
    What makes you think that at 18-19 years old that a kid is thinking logically and rationally and long term? Sure there will be kids that think about such things, but I think that they are in minority. Especially since they know that they can transfer at least 1X without having to sit out a year, and can transfer again and still not lose any years of eligibility. In fact, if they can come up with some reason to claim “hardship” they might not even have to sit out again. All you’ve got to do is look at the numbers in the portal and you can see that these kids aren’t thinking long term when they pick a school, it’s what “feels right” at the time that matters. Even many of us older people can tell you that we have taken jobs chasing money during our careers that felt right at the time, and a year later we knew that it was the worst decision of our lives.

Yep he was and is going with Jordan Brooks. Which is the only reason Jordan Brooks is an assistant coach at Georgetown.

Are you being serious? Pack got 400k from Miami. Why wouldn’t they just give him 50k? Why go all the way up to 400? The only way it makes sense to get to a number like that is because there were competing offers.

It wouldn’t shock me one bit to see a niche consulting industry pop up which does nothing but drum up a “marketplace” for these kids and take a fee. Like a temporary agent.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    It wouldn’t shock me one bit to see a niche consulting industry pop up which does nothing but drum up a “marketplace” for these kids and take a fee. Like a temporary agent.
    Hasn't that happened already with "LifeWallet?" Isn't Xavier's deal with that group to handle the NIL sort of like it.
    And I guess when there is a middle man of sorts, you'll never really know where the $ come from.
    You can probably track the car though.

Double post.