Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Even with “just Jonas” and no Miller, we looked like a TOTALLY different team in the NIT. It was hard to believe that was the same collection of players. That is indeed exciting, even if it takes some time to fill some gaps in the lineup.

Hunter can be a great “glue guy”, he just isn’t your sharpshooter. Play to your strengths!
    Hate to point out the obvious, but Scruggs wasnt playing either.....

....maybe it was coaching, or maybe it was just the mix of guys. But yes, I agree that what I saw was much improved

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Hate to point out the obvious, but Scruggs wasnt playing either.....

....maybe it was coaching, or maybe it was just the mix of guys. But yes, I agree that what I saw was much improved
    Good point. I’m sure it was a combination of many things, and it resulted in much better basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    If it was 1996, I would say this pickup is “The Boum”

But it’s not 1996, so I won’t say it
    If this was 2005 I would say X will be the "Boub and Boum Show." I had such high hopes for Boubacar Coly who is a manager at a Charlotte, NC Trader Joe's according to LinkedIn.
    No, I be concubining.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    If this was 2005 I would say X will be the "Boub and Boum Show." I had such high hopes for Boubacar Coly who is a manager at a Charlotte, NC Trader Joe's according to LinkedIn.
    And Matta picked him over,errrrrr, Kyle Lowry!!!! YEESH!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    I think it was Churchill Odia over Lowery, a mistake either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And Matta picked him over,errrrrr, Kyle Lowry!!!! YEESH!
    You are thinking of Churchill Odia. Miller wanted Lowry but Matta pushed for a commitment before he could visit and ended up taking Odia when Lowry wanted to visit first. By all accounts Lowry wanted to leave Philly. Huge mistake.

Remember when we had Odia locked up with a verbal commitment and he had Visa issues? Rick Pitino tried to move in on us and told Odia that he would use his connections to get the Visa issue cleaned up. Rick wasn’t looking for any type of quid pro quo on that deal, he just wanted to help the kid.

When Odia DIDNT rescind his verbal to XU and commit instead to UofL, Pitino disappeared and didn’t lift a finger on his behalf.

Oh well, Odia sucked anyway and Pitino is still a scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    One of the things that makes next season so exciting. I'm interested to see how our guys are used. That includes Hunter, who like some others have said, I think can definitely provide some nice value if he's used correctly.
    It isn’t just about him attempting 75% less from three. Let’s keep this real fellas- the man struggles to make a simple,
    point blank, uncontested layup. Right now he either dunks the ball (been very successful with that shot) or he is a complete liability when shooting on offense.

Either it is a issue with confidence/nerves that the coaches can try to help fix or it’s a more serious situation where coach Miller will need to say “Let’s just focus on getting you to shoot and make simply layups. There is absolutely no reason you should have missed as many open bunnies as you did this past season. When we get you to the point where you are consistently making those basic shots, we can move on to your three point shooting.”
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-03-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Kunkel is a servicable point guard, more than many think and really a better athlete than many think. Do Zach, Miles, and Tandy have TWO years left (Covid year?). If so if this is Nunge, Boum, Kunkel senior year there will be plenty of opportunity to KyKy, Miles and others 2022-2023(hard to write that number). Boum is not a true point but i almost wonder if that position even exists anymore; seems like he can score and if people key on him can distribute.
    You might be right, but that won't keep us from excusing such as Scruggs who wasn't really a PG.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    This is pretty low. Most NCAA athletes don't end up playing professionally.