Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    IMO either scenario is plausible; Book acted as a lone wolf, or it was a don't ask don't tell policy. I'm sure there are several coaches that have that second scenario pop up or at least did before all this stuff basically became legal.

None of us will ever know the truth, and frankly I don't care if Sean did or didn't do it at this point. It's basically legal now so who cares. (yes I know you can't directly pay a player blah blah blah)
    This. ↗️↗️↗️↗️
    It’s old news. Let’s all get it behind us.
    BTW. College Basketball really is a full time job now. All X kids are on campus working out and playing. No time off.
    TBT will be fun. Wish any scrimmage between the vets and X kids was streamed.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Oh. Please feel free to provide any evidence of that statement.

Why in the world would Miller sanction what Book was doing? If he knew, then he had 2 options. Turn himself (the program) in and deal with the
    consequences, or choose not to turn himself in, hope he could remain unattached, and then just plead ignorant if it unraveled.

But the buck stopped with Sean. No matter what Book was doing, Sean was responsible.

How did it start? Pick your option:

1). Sean asked Book to start these activities
    2). Book asked Sean if he could do these activities
    3). Book did these activities and told Sean after
    4). Book did these activities and tried to keep it a secret from Sean.

See how easy it is to find the easier path for Book? He was in a high stress, results oriented role where he was paid handsomely to secure talent for Zona. He was a “coach” by title, but his main job was to get players. You don’t think his job was on the line every year?

He’s already admitted to cheating g and lying. Is it that hard to envision him having done all of this while trying to keep it from Miller.

I might be wrong. Hell, I have no idea what Book did and what Sean knows. But I do know people. And some people will resort to some unsavory actions in their own self interest. from what we (now) know of Book, would a scenario where he was a lone wolf really surprise you?
    3).
    Let me start off by saying I dont give a shit even if Miller ordered it and I am extremely glad he is our coach.

In my opinion, I find it very hard to believe that any college coach isn't at least generally aware of what their assistants are or arent doing.

I don't buy the Rick Pitino defense for Rick Pitino and I don't buy it for other coaches just because I might like them.

I just don't buy the control freak, detailed obsessed coaches having no idea what is going on underneath their noses.

Ultimately as you said, the buck stops with Miller. He will serve a suspension most likely (hopefully a short one for our sakes) and this is all behind him.

I am ecstatic we have Miller. Can't wait!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Let me start off by saying I dont give a shit even if Miller ordered it and I am extremely glad he is our coach.

In my opinion, I find it very hard to believe that any college coach isn't at least generally aware of what their assistants are or arent doing.

I don't buy the Rick Pitino defense for Rick Pitino and I don't buy it for other coaches just because I might like them.

I just don't buy the control freak, detailed obsessed coaches having no idea what is going on underneath their noses.

Ultimately as you said, the buck stops with Miller. He will serve a suspension most likely (hopefully a short one for our sakes) and this is all behind him.

I am ecstatic we have Miller. Can't wait!
    I have to say I agree with this. The fact is, Miller hired Book and was responsible for Book’s oversight. As you and others have said, the buck stopped with Sean, period. Thankfully it did, otherwise he would not be our coach. Now, onward and upward.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

See how easy it is to find the easier path for Book? He was in a high stress, results oriented role where he was paid handsomely to secure talent for Zona. He was a “coach” by title, but his main job was to get players. You don’t think his job was on the line every year?

He’s already admitted to cheating g and lying. Is it that hard to envision him having done all of this while trying to keep it from Miller.

Yes. Jesus… Don’t be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    You live in your world, I’ll live in mine.

People do bad, dumb shit all of the time and keep it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Book did something stupid and got caught red handed. Was Miller involved?, We will never know.

Miller now might set up some agreement for all his staff that if they do something illegal, unethical, they are responsible and will be terminated.

I would think such ethics clauses are pretty standard.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I would think such ethics clauses are pretty standard.
    Probably agreeing with Xavier's HR department.