Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I would not love Steele as someone's assistant at Butler. He'd make our life tough in recruiting. Particularly if Butler had a competent head coach.

Wish I could be at Cintas tomorrow. Should be a wild, fun scene.
    Butler still operates like they're in the Horizon. It's a tough place to recruit to. Their players are always short on talent, but usually smart. Makes for tough sledding in the BE.

Is Miller going to be at the game tomorrow?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I would not love Steele as someone's assistant at Butler. He'd make our life tough in recruiting. Particularly if Butler had a competent head coach.

Wish I could be at Cintas tomorrow. Should be a wild, fun scene.
    I can’t say it’s realistic, or that he could swallow his pride, but if Steele is anywhere in the BE I’d like it to be recruiting for Sean Miller at Xavier. He relates to the kids, he just wast not ready for the top job and to develop them. It happens. Some people are just born to be a great #2, and some eventually grow into the #1 spot, in all fields.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2022 at 08:19 PM.

I know I know, but I think if we were in the A10 Steele could have worked out. I absolutely think he could coach and grow a mid major school, and become a high major coach in the future.

You don’t get a lot of time to learn in the Big East. I appreciate his efforts. There is no doubt he loves Xavier basketball

Junior
    Lack of success and player development in the A-10 while have been death for the program

I think you have more opportunities at player development to be honest. More times you’re blowing out a team and rotational players get more minutes.

I’m not arguing that Xavier should Be in the A10, just that it’s a far easier place to take over for a first time head coach than Big East.

Junior
    That assumes that Steele would (1) blow out A-10 teams, and (2) develop players. He couldn't even develop his starters as far as I can tell.

Steele will take a year off and be coaching at a smaller school.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    That assumes that Steele would (1) blow out A-10 teams, and (2) develop players. He couldn't even develop his starters as far as I can tell.
    Fair enough you’re not a Steele guy. I was ready to move on as well. But strange that you can’t comprehend how it would be more difficult as a first year coach to be in the Big East vs the A10.

It should be easy to admit that Sean and Chris had easier paths to grow as coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Is Miller going to be at the game tomorrow?
    No. Press conf next week sometime.
    2023 Sweet 16