Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Here's what I'll say about that. The results are the results with him as a head coach, they can say whatever they want but that doesn't make it true. I haven't seen one player get better in the last four years. Maybe he was good as an assistant where he could focus on one thing. Some aren't meant for the big chair, and I think that's the case with Steele
    Without disagreeing with the premise, surely Freemantle improved from Fr to Soph (this year can be seen otherwise), Odom has shown real strides as PG & decision making, and Colby Jones has taken forward steps especially defensively.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Without disagreeing with the premise, surely Freemantle improved from Fr to Soph (this year can be seen otherwise), Odom has shown real strides as PG & decision making, and Colby Jones has taken forward steps especially defensively.
    I can’t say nobody is better at anything, but it surely is NOT what it needed to be. Our guys will be much better off with Sean in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I never doubted Steele's effort, or thought he wasnt trying. And never doubted he was 100% trying to get players better.

It was only the effectiveness of his efforts that I ever questioned
    Sums it up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

All-Conference
    I thought Adam Baum's article today where he interviewed past players was a good piece. There was the obvious appreciation for Miller as a coach and a leader, but I also thought the quotes they had about Steele were very telling.

All of the players praised Steele's basketball workouts and his ability to develop guys. They all thought he was one of the best developers of talent that ever coached them.

It's tough to make the move to the big chair. It's a completely different job. I know the Xavier administration calls it a CEO job, and it really is. Steele was likely one of those guys who excels in the details and the weeds, but struggles to step back to see the big picture and long term focus.

It makes you wonder if the current staff lacks what Steele had as an assistant, or if Steele was simply trying to do too much and not listening or delegating.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Here's a real "fun fact" list.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ch-career.html

We are in good hands!

Thanks for posting Xuperman!

Not too shabby. He’s got the best overall record out of all the BE coaches (even Wright). Now Sean just needs to win a few National Championships at X like Jay has done at Nova.

Maybe I missed someone, but it seems like Shaka and Wright are the only other two coaches on the list from the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I never doubted Steele's effort, or thought he wasnt trying. And never doubted he was 100% trying to get players better.

It was only the effectiveness of his efforts that I ever questioned
    Exactly. The effectiveness of his approach and not the effort given to his approach. ItÂ’s nit just about working hard. ItÂ’s about being smart enough to know not only when certain things are not working well but how to make the changes that do make those things working better.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Thanks for posting Xuperman!

Not too shabby. He’s got the best overall record out of all the BE coaches (even Wright). Now Sean just needs to win a few National Championships at X like Jay has done at Nova.

Maybe I missed someone, but it seems like Shaka and Wright are the only other two coaches on the list from the Big East.
    I know.

He's 34TH ALL TIME!

The enormity of that fact is hard to wrap your mind around. I take great enjoyment looking at the guys below him.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

For those concerned about what is in store for Miller in regards to the NCAA violations, here is a snippet from a SC website which confirms what has been said by others here:

https://www.postandcourier.com/gamec...f00df19b7.html

“The Gamecocks’ package to Miller, I am told, was far better financially than what Xavier offered (some reports had $1.5 million; I was never told that from any of my people, but I was told “seven figures”). Just the fact that they were willing to talk to him, and that senior deputy athletics director Chance Miller was largely involved with the process and he has a background in NCAA enforcement, tells me that any future punishment Miller might receive due to the FBI investigation at Arizona is probably going to be sparse.”

Prin

One year ago today Sean Miller returned. Now facing his alma mater to return to the Sweet Sixteen. Complete the circle.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Thank you Sean Miller