Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: #MillerTime

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think we have seen enough and it is getting ugly. Xavier will come out worse for this however it shakes out but the amount of venom toward Xavier’s players, coaches, fans and administration is not a good look. I have been frustrated with Xavier for years as I do not think they have made the full commitment to be great but we should also not he total over the top idiots either. There was a twitter account started calling a Xavier supporter a pussy and that’s when it crosses the line. The account was quite disgusting and also shows we need to take a step back. One thing I know is that with or without Travis, recruiting is going to take a huge hit. And it’s not just this site. It’s all over twitter and the pay board. Have a feeling the dark times are about to get darker. Buckle up.
    I love when Xavier people hold their noses, as if our shit shouldn’t stink. This is the same inane reason we won’t hire Miller.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

I think we have seen enough and it is getting ugly. Xavier will come out worse for this however it shakes out but the amount of venom toward Xavier’s players, coaches, fans and administration is not a good look. I have been frustrated with Xavier for years as I do not think they have made the full commitment to be great but we should also not he total over the top idiots either. There was a twitter account started calling a Xavier supporter a pussy and that’s when it crosses the line. The account was quite disgusting and also shows we need to take a step back. One thing I know is that with or without Travis, recruiting is going to take a huge hit. And it’s not just this site. It’s all over twitter and the pay board. Have a feeling the dark times are about to get darker. Buckle up.
    Yeah. I do think we can stay classy and get our point across. I don’t think we need to come across like a bunch of immature teenagers and name call to make our case that something has to change. No question, we deserve to hear more from the administration, but let’s send messages that are respectful and let’s not let our emotions get to us to the point we are sending vitriolic letters. Let’s focus on the notion that expectation for the program are clear and are not being met and how accepting anything less than the expectations (which is what we are doing now) is seriously damaging the incredible brand this university has spent decades of hard work to create.

No question most if not everyone is feeling frustrated with the results we’ve seen over the past four years and most of us believe four years without a tournament appearance is unacceptable and it’s literally making us sick in our stomachs. It is vital for any coach who accepts the position as the head basketball coach at X to understand the high expectations thrown on him and at least meet those expectations that previous coaches have been reaching for decades. It important every X coach shows they can bring the program to new heights (2%) or at least keep it playing at a very high level (regularly making the NCAA tournament and advancing). We have been fortunate with our previous hires, but we have also made sure the standard of excellence was not forgotten. This school is losing it’s reputation as a top Big East School. Most of us agree there is a real sense of urgency to do something so this recent descent into mediocrity is not permanent. We all are getting to the point where the coach’s words are feeling very repetitive and hollow (without any improvements to the same problems) and unfortunately are not comforting anymore.

Travis Steele has been doing a pretty good job landing talented recruits and transfers. Yet, some of us (maybe even most of us) would argue that he has neglected to land any beefy bigs who are bangers (strong defenders, rebounders and scores in the paint) or that the good shooters he brings in are not not always shooting as well as the should. Most would agree players under Travis often struggle to play good defensive and they continue to make mistakes at key moments of the game.

Large leads X has gotten under Travis often disappeared because of a barrage of bad decisions/ forced shots were allowed and even sometimes because of lineups that were inserted which were prone to making those types of poor decisions when put into the game together. It is very clear that there have been a number of issues that are not getting better.

There is a clear pattern of X teams under Travis starting off strong and then gradually getting worse as the season unfolds. Every year we see the worst basketball being played at the end of the season, when school’s are supposed to be peaking. Fans are right to be frustrated and the administration has to do something to fix it. Either X’s administration needs to hire a really smart former D1 HC coach who has won many NCAA tournament games to help as a special assistant (like IU did when they hired Matta) or they just have to go in a new direction. Travis has had plenty of time to show he knows how to correct his own mistakes and he simply has not done it.

The Xavier standard needs to be met and maintained by the X coaches and the administration. Yet, we ought to remain mindful of others and show respect while we make the point clear that not enough is being done. It is part of why I loved going to school at Xavier: Really good people.

The status quo has got to go. Expectations are not being met… and not making ANY kind of change is simply the administration admitting they are fine with the with the program in decline.
    Still, there’s no need to be crass. Let’s make our thoughts heard with respectfulness and class.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-15-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Sophomore
    If Travis is correctly let go after the NIT "run" (which it appears is NOT going to be the case), the chances that Sean would be the next coach are zero point zero. Mutually. Let it go, move on to other flights of fancy, and don't give this scenario a 2nd thought.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I love when Xavier people hold their noses, as if our shit shouldn’t stink. This is the same inane reason we won’t hire Miller.
    Yeah, this isn't nor should it be Oxford, Oh.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

I am a huge fan of the players. I cannot see myself blasting a player online BUT I can imagine holding Steele accountable for knucklehead decisions.

The solution is simple. Fire Steele today, put an assistant in charge as interim, fly in Miller.
    Have all parties agree and sign contracts by Thursday of this week. He immediately reaches out to recruits and saves the class.

Junior
    I don’t think Sean would need to do much to retain the class. Just have to point to AZ and show him the team he built and what’s coming. Seeing Louisville is looking at Knicks assistant. After there past, Sean probably had just a little too much baggage for them but it’s one school to check off the list. Get Sean and bring Archie with him

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don’t think Sean would need to do much to retain the class. Just have to point to AZ and show him the team he built and what’s coming. Seeing Louisville is looking at Knicks assistant. After there past, Sean probably had just a little too much baggage for them but it’s one school to check off the list. Get Sean and bring Archie with him
    Is the nepotism thing still in play or not?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Is the nepotism thing still in play or not?
    I'd think that went out the window with the whole Steele and his FIL thing. But who knows!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I'd think that went out the window with the whole Steele and his FIL thing. But who knows!
    Ha. It would be funny if that ended up benefiting fans now...
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I got another March Gladness email from XU today. There is more March Madness in my house, and NOT the tournament.