Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

Thread: #MillerTime

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    what if ANY sanctions could be placed on Xavier!.
    Let's put this to bed right now. Xavier did not commit any infractions, so therefore Xavier will not be penalized. End of story.

Sean Miller has the potential to be penalized, potentially being suspended for some unknown length of time, which in all likelihood is going to be rather minor and insignificant at the end of the day

After 4 friggin' years you would think they know what they are going to do, but then it's the NCAA. Book got out of jail in 2019.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 03-20-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    SC was simply leverage fella's. Sean was never going there.
    I think Miller knew he wanted to coach at Xavier and he and his agent decided to look at South Carolina for the sole purpose of letting X know he was also interested in X.

Like, "Hey X family! I want to coach for you. Can you offer me a job?( I am expensive but you and I love each other)" more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    WHEN sanctions come out against the Univ. of Arizona and or Coach Miller what if ANY sanctions could be placed on Xavier! Hows the current coaching staff and or players feel about Coach Millers "hire"? I hope the "team"/players was "briefed" on this before the University made this announcement!! I cant imagine walking around Cintas as a current coach or player knowing my time on campus MAY be numbered.
    Xavier will not be punished. The findings were all about Arizona. NCAA has not sent an punishment or fine/suspension. .
    Miller did "lost institutional control" because Book was his assistant who did the paying of the recruit. No smoking gun with Miller's fingerprints anywhere. Arizona didn't fire Miller after 3/4 years of this. Miller kept coaching and said he did nothing wrong. Finally last year Miller was let go (last year on contract I think)

This MillerTime thread has gotten over 74,000 views.
    Any threads in the past year come close to that amount of views? I imagine maybe when X joined Big East or won the regular season 4 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Why are you here?
    Jealousy

[QUOTE=waggy;730319]Jealousy

Butler now has the worst coach in the Big East.
    Time for them to go back to the Horizon League- them and their drafty Hayseed Barn
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The Post on another thread from Zonacat really speaks to this:,

"Great hire. Really happy for Sean and Amy.

On the sanctions, what was reported by ESPN ended up not being in the court cases or the NOA. The Ayton "payment" never happened and the NCAA and Feds agree on that. The only level one charge Sean got was failure to control Book, that is it. I would not expect a show clause or anything significant. Maybe a fine and a few games similar to what Pearl received.

The investigation has been dragging on for four years but Sean did an admirable job keeping the program afloat with the NCAA gun pointed at his head. The fall off in talent was immediate but 2022 Arizona is Sean's team. He didn't get to coach them and Lloyd has done a great job with the group, but considering the world of recruiting, Sean putting this team together is unreal and shows his ability to adapt to tough situations. I am happy he got the year off to recharge but sad he didn't get to lead this group, he would have won a ton of games.

Arizona owes Sean a debt of gratitude for leading the program beyond Lute to the heights it is currently at. I say all of that to say this, Sean is going to have Xavier back to being a monster again and we will meet in the tournament."
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Butler will have a new coach as well. Unless they extended him? If I'm butler I'm going after Murray State or St Peters coach.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

CBS sports video analysis of Miller-X commitment and impact on BE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw8zpiNJMCY