Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: #MillerTime

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I don’t think Sean will be the next coach at Xavier. Going to be an uneasy few weeks. Hopefully we can get someone with recruiting connections because Xavier is going to need that. Next year will be really depressing it looks like.
    You would be wrong.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Very interesting. I thought Miller's agent called X to say he is interested in X proposing an offer. I thought that was true. Maybe it wasn't.

Some people have said its done and X is doing all the background checks, etc. This weekend we will know for sure.

Damn if true.
    The link above does not address the question of whether or not Miller‘s agent contacted X. It only address whether he was in Cincinnati, heading back to SC, and returning to Cincinnati:

“He was in Cincinnati this morning, SC in the afternoon and will be back to Cincy tomorrow. That’s why source thinks decision will be made tomorrow. But need to correct,source said SHOULD be tomorrow.”

The rumormill seems to support that Sean was in Cincinnati, the timing of Steele’s firing seems to indicate something is going on, Miller makes the most sense, but who knows?

Prin

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Steele was dead man walking regardless of the Sean Miller situation, IMO.

I think the only thing Miller's availability did was force the move now v. at the conclusion of the NIT.
    I'm not sure Steele would see it that way though. I am positive he thought he could keep his job. Not saying he is right though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

The pay site said Steele was def not on campus. They said this is going to take weeks.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That's never going to happen unless Xavier offered basically nothing. Bruce Pearl gets paid 5.4 mil, Rick Barnes 5.2 mil. I'm guessing if X made their best offer it was 3 or a bit more. No way SC is offering 6 or 7
    Ok, $1M-2M more? Still a lot of money. I understand Sean is probably fairly well off but $5M-$10M more over the course of a contract is still a lot of dough.

Dear Greg Christopher:

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    The pay site said Steele was def not on campus. They said this is going to take weeks.
    I’m sorry, but I can’t wait that long. Do something about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Junior
    I’m happy to wait. The longer Sean isn’t committing elsewhere the better shot X has, but also- if it isn’t Sean we want to make sure we get the right guy. Take the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Somehow Greg Christopher has gone from being worthless for hiring Travis Steele and messing up the women's program...to being a genius who is masterfully playing the strings behind the curtain to get Sean Miller back on board.

And all within the space of a couple of days. Amazing. Hope it works out for all of us.
    Paul, cheer up man. No matter what happens with Miller Christopher made the first right step, relieving Steele of his duties. That was a good move we all were pleasantly surprised by. His next step is getting a solid coach hired. If it's Miller he hit a homerun. If it's not he has to have a good plan B which we will all judge when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Dear Greg Christopher:

Public reps!
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)