Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    We now have TWO SEPARATE team "mentality" dynamics contained in the next 3 games.

The Villanova road woes have been a "monkey on the back" of this program that has grown into a gorilla.....not a sniff of a dub since the NBE. Victory on Saturday would not only legitimize the UConn W and continue the upward ascension in the polls, but have a profound impact mentally going forward.

However, the following back-to-back home games vs 2 CLEAR top contenders is even more paramount IMO. The unfortunate reality is that Steele managed to crush a lot of the former CINTAS MAGIC.....this "MAGIC" has to return, in a BIG way, ASAP! The UConn win was huge in this regard and will serve as a statement style bookend to a Marquette win on the 15th and a Creighton victory sandwiched in between!

The top ponderance on this board and all of Xavier Nation should be....Can Coach Miller have X standing at 9-2 in conference on February 1?
    If this team is 9-2 by February 1st, we are talking top 4 seed and big east championship. Of course it can happen, but with the upcoming schedule, I'm certainly not expecting it. 5 of the next 7 can go any way and I wouldn't be surprised to see 11-0 or 6-5 by Feb 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If this team is 9-2 by February 1st, we are talking top 4 seed and big east championship. Of course it can happen, but with the upcoming schedule, I'm certainly not expecting it. 5 of the next 7 can go any way and I wouldn't be surprised to see 11-0 or 6-5 by Feb 1st.
    Hold court and steal one on the road - Villanova or DePaul - does not seem unrealistic.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Hold court and steal one on the road - Villanova or DePaul - does not seem unrealistic.
    I agree....I'll take 8-3 on Feb 1st all day. The schedule isn't a pile of cupcakes after Feb 1st, but imo on paper it's much easier.

Sophomore
    kylie mbappe and Hakimi ..meet Edmund Sumner
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nio-Spurs.html
    Last edited by whopper; 01-03-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Latest brake to. ESPN has X as a 4 seed. (I’d take that all day long.) It also has UCoon as a 1 seed and a total of 5 BE schools in the tourney.

But there’s A LOT of games left, so none of this really means much at this point.

All-Conference
    Does Free still have a COVID year if he wanted?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Does Free still have a COVID year if he wanted?
    Yep. I get the sense though that these guys are going to want to move on after this year. Zach, Jerome, Colby, Nunge, Kunkel. I could be wrong, but just the feeling I get. They are all going to get a Madness taste (knocking on wood), and ride off into the sunset together.

Yep. I get the sense though that these guys are going to want to move on after this year. Zach, Jerome, Colby, Nunge, Kunkel. I could be wrong, but just the feeling I get. They are all going to get a Madness taste (knocking on wood), and ride off into the sunset together.
    With Boum riding off too that would be no returning starters or 1st man off the bench. Yikes.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    With Boum riding off too that would be no returning starters or 1st man off the bench. Yikes.
    With Miller at the helm and the transfer portal, I'm not that worried about it.

Not to look ahead to next year that much but I am wondering whats going to happen with KyKy, Edwards, Tucker and Miles.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-05-2023 at 08:22 AM.

If Cooley can lose most of his talent from last year and gain strong talent that wins for this year, then Miller can too.
    Hope!