Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    If this team continues to play poorly for the rest of the season then I'll take my chances with someone else at the helm next year. Hopefully the higher ups see it the same way.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I think everyone has to look in the mirror and make some changes. Both Colby and Paul dribble under the basket like Steve Nash but the results are not there, nothing happens and if it does it is usually bad. We cant be scared of getting our shots blocked anymore..if we get close and dont shoot the other team wins. Zach has got to try to root out some offensive rebounds (so does Jack). Posting up means you are always getting boxed out. That has to change. We have not been coming up with more than 25% of 50/50 balls. Cesare has to get minutes maybe in place of Huner? I have no answers but am hopeful for the next week. why i dont know
    Dead on about paul and Colby. Love paul but both these guys are so similar. Good measurables but have no secondary basketball moves. They take it to the basket but can only finish if they’re on someone smaller and less athletic. Then they get stuck there and have no up and under or ball fake skills or any other move. Then they (especially Colby) just stop the ball for 2-3 seconds bc they don’t have good court vision either and the ball dies. Or they just turn it over.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    If this team continues to play poorly for the rest of the season then I'll take my chances with someone else at the helm next year. Hopefully the higher ups see it the same way.
    This team has player poorly for 4 years now. It's not getting any better. It's over and now we are going to have to prolong the season with a stupid NIT bid. I'm not sure I have ever missed an X game on purpose but I'm missing that one.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    It's not as good as his 2008 Buick Lucerne but we have taken a few Lumps the last few years so I think an encore is prob about what we can give him.
    An Encore for an Encore
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Look on the bright side,,,This may be next years team without Paul and Nate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Any who listened to this on radio, what do Joe and Byron say about this team? Do they seem frustrated when they call the game when we are struggling at all? I can’t imagine Byron being to thrilled about how this team is playing.
    Their main comment during the game was that “Paul Scruggs and Xavier as a whole look Tired”.
    Wow. This team hasn’t played for 4 days to today. And they’re tired?

I agree with that. Either This team isn’t well conditioned or Steele is running them too hard in late season practices. Could the fact that Matt Jennings isn’t directly working with these guys make a difference?

Also Byron noted “a lack of confidence” when on offense.
    Maaayyybeee it’s because there is a lack of drilling of an organized scheme on O where guys are confident on where they should be and what they should be doing? The continued standing around and lack of quick movement with purpose is striking to me.

They won’t overly criticize tho. They like their jobs.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Look on the bright side,,,This may be next years team without Paul and Nate of course.
    Jack Nunge is in grad school. He might say enough of this iish after one year.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Jack Nunge is in grad school. He might say enough of this iish after one year.
    So may some others.

Travis Steele has had 3 years of "gotta find 5 guys who are going to defend." That is the bottom line. We have yet to improve throughout a season with his leadership. I think this team has top 3 big east talent and are playing nowhere near their ability late in the season. I'm sad for our program.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    This team has player poorly for 4 years now. It's not getting any better. It's over and now we are going to have to prolong the season with a stupid NIT bid. I'm not sure I have ever missed an X game on purpose but I'm missing that one.
    A lot of us know this. We know Steele's BE record. We know his record in non buy games. The big wigs need to put their big boy pants on make the move if it ends poorly next month.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib