Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    We aren’t getting in, this a free fall of Steele’s doing again.

At this point, unless we finish out 4-0, our chances of making the Dance will really come down to the performance of the various other bubble teams down the stretch.

It's out of our hands. We need other teams to play themselves off the bubble for us to have a chance.

We are *almost locked in to having to play Wednesday at MSG. after last night.
    Could be anywhere from 4:30pm to 9:30pm depending on spot.
    Games vs Seton Hall & St. Johns tell the tale. We can't finish lower than 8th.
    (We were preseason picked 3rd, I believe)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'm a little perplexed as to why everyone seems to be so upset with how things have gone this year
    Do you remain perplexed 'brew?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    We are *almost locked in to having to play Wednesday at MSG. after last night.
    Could be anywhere from 4:30pm to 9:30pm depending on spot.
    Games vs Seton Hall & St. Johns tell the tale. We can't finish lower than 8th.
    (We were preseason picked 3rd, I believe)
    Weird thing is, Xavier might be best positioned to make a run out of the #8 hole as things stand. They'd match up with Butler in the 8/9 game and if they finally put their first round demons to bed, they'd face Providence in the quarterfinal round. I don't think the Friars want a 3rd matchup with Xavier this early in the tournament.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Weird thing is, Xavier might be best positioned to make a run out of the #8 hole as things stand. They'd match up with Butler in the 8/9 game and if they finally put their first round demons to bed, they'd face Providence in the quarterfinal round. I don't think the Friars want a 3rd matchup with Xavier this early in the tournament.
    I tend to agree, even though Butler tends to be our kryptonite at times. Conversely, other than the few teams that have beaten Prov, we have definitely given them the most trouble. I think they would have some sphincter issues with us as their first game after a bye.

Freshman
    I know all the ranking systems show us making it but at some point the eye test comes into play.If we don't get up to 19 or 20 victories by Selection Sunday,I don't see us making it even if our NET and Kenpom ratings say otherwise.Even after losing last night our Kenpom is higher than Providence's. The thing that is carrying us is strength of schedule. But at some point you need to beat some of those good teams

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I’m actually not disagreeing with this.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP05XU08CU13 View Post
    Do we honestly think Xavier will get in if they finish outside the top 6 in the league with a below .500 conference record? I do not see more than 6 teams from the Big East getting in this year. I could be wrong, but I feel like the committee has left out teams in the past for going less than .500 in league play.
    Barring not winning another game, we will get in with a better seed than some teams who finish above us in conference.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Barring not winning another game, we will get in with a better seed than some teams who finish above us in conference.
    I think we have to win 2.