Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Matta Back Coaching Butler

Big East will have a major upgrade in coaching this coming season.

Thad is following Sean’s steps in his decision to return to his first head coaching gig.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Can’t wait to “welcome” him back to Cintas
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Butler Matta

We must crush Butler. Glad we have Sean then Thad.

Wow. BE is stacked with quality coaches.
    2023 Sweet 16

If Georgetown just gets rid of Ewing and hires Mack, Xavier will be the cradle of Big East coaches (including our own).

I am not going to lie: I am a little concerned about Butler getting Matta. He is an elite level coach. Anyone who does not believe so is fooling himself. Many X fans will declare that Miler is the best coach Xavier ever had. I love that we have Sean, but that notion is certainly debatable. Thad Matta was not only Sean’s mentor, he left X and took another school to two Final Fours. He also had the higher winning percentage as an X head coach. There is no denying those facts. Sean is an amazing coach, but he did not make it to a Final Four when he left X. The two of them playing against each other will help settle who is truly the better coach. If Thad can prove to be healthy enough, he is going to be one sneaky-smart hire for Butler.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-03-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I am not going to lie: I am a little concerned about Butler getting Matta. He is an elite level coach. Anyone who does not believe so is fooling himself. Many X fans will declare that Miler is the best coach Xavier ever had. I love that we have Sean, but that notion is certainly debatable. Thad Matta was not only Sean’s mentor, left X and took another school to two Final Fours. He also had the higher winning percentage as an X head coach. There is no denying those facts. Sean is an amazing coach, but he did not make it to a Final Four when he left X. The two can of them playing against each other will help settle who is truly the better coach. If Thad can prove to be healthy enough, he is going to be one sneaky-smart hire for Butler.
    We will see how coaches in their 50's do. I would rank Matta #1 and Miller #2 as all-time Xavier coaches. Matta is good. Miller is very very close though to #1.

What excuse does Butler have when they are 5th-9th in BE next year?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    We will see how coaches in their 50's do. I would rank Matta #1 and Miller #2 as all-time Xavier coaches. Matta is good. Miller is very very close though to #1.
    Sean was and is Better than Thad. Sean also got absolutely screwed against him in Lexington after coaching circles around him. Sean will own him.