Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Huge 7 spot in the 7th for X today. Trying to hold on bottom 9 up 8-6. Desperately need this series win.

Held on for the huge 8-7 win to stay on the right side of the Big East tournament bubble. The league schedule gets much tougher now. Going to be a battle to qualify.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 04-24-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Welp, you can say they are not boring.
    Get some Pitching, Billy!!!’
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That comeback was huge in the sense that Xavier gets some separation from the rest of the pack below them, Creighton and UConn are running away from everyone else, although Nova somehow managed to get a win up at UConn. It's a little surprising seeing Hall and St. John's at the bottom, but that's the CU/UConn effect.

Winning the next series against Creighton at home would be huge.

Need to at least win one against Creighton. As you say, winning the series would be huge. A series win against Creighton and we're making to BE Tournament.

Oh, and real nice of Butler and St. John's to kiss their sisters today with a 12-12 tie.

The real Butler Way

The Muskies face 37-3 #1 Tennessee at 6:30 in Knoxville tonight. Let's do it!

Contrast this with the Muskies pitching staff. From the goxavier preview: "No Volunteer pitcher with more than 5 appearances has an ERA worse than 3.86"

Creighton ended up winning the weekend series against Xavier, but the Muskies did salvage one win today. They're now 6-6 in conference play and a half-game ahead of both 7-8 Villanova and Georgetown. Next weekend will be the easiest conference series with a trip to Butler.

Creighton and UConn face off at UConn next weekend - that will pretty much determine who's #1 and #2 in the conference tournament. Xavier is currently thirs and should qualify as long as they don't have a catastrophic failure the last 3 weeks.

A sweep of Butler would be huge. I'll feel confident if they do that. Anything less, and I think it's still a pretty tough road to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A sweep of Butler would be huge. I'll feel confident if they do that. Anything less, and I think it's still a pretty tough road to qualify.
    Butler is epically bad. We’ll kill their pitching but not so confident about ours. 3 series left with Butler, UConn & St. John’s. Two of those we should either win or sweep. UConn, just give me one win.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I plan on being at the games at Butler this afternoon. I will be the guy in a Xavier hat with a bunch of kids.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."