Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Super Bowl LVI

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Stick to CBB. The NFL is by far the fairest of the major leagues. How many Super Bowls have been handed to Pittsburgh, the armpit of America. And GreenBay is not on a coast either. The missed facemask was a horrible no call, and all of the PI calls were legit. Bengals put up a good fight but if they dont find some linemen Burrow is going to end up in a wheelchair.
    Be from St. Louis and talk to me again about how fair the nfl is. IĀ’ll spare the details because I doubt anyone outside of St. Louis cares, but if you want to find out how the rams got to laĀ…itĀ’s really really effed up on multiple levels. Just another tidbit, that shithole of an owner is from Missouri, is a Mizzou alum, moved the team by breaking the nflĀ’s own bylaws and back room deals with goddell, jerry and the chiefs owner (gee I wonder why), then on the way out lies his ass off and takes a huge dump and middle finger to the state and city in which he was raised.

Basically, imagine mack leaving but upon leaving takes Xavier with him, shits on the entire state of Ohio and Cincinnati, lies about the state and city where he grew up, and I dunno moves the school to Los Angeles. Gets the national championship game about 5 years later and wins it.

Yeah IĀ’m a bit bitter, but the nfl is one of if not the most corrupt organizations in the whole country. Oh as a parting gift the city sued and gets 790 million while the nfl says sorry but let’s be honest most of that is going to the lawyers and the politicians..nice thought though.

Anyways, donĀ’t know what you consider a major league..guessing you mean mlb and nba along with nfl, but IĀ’ll just say the nhl is the best run league in sports, not in terms of $ because 1.) the nfl only does things for money, they donĀ’t give a shit about anything else and 2.) admittedly hockey is a niche sports in us, but in terms of organizationally run.

Ok off my soapbox.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-14-2022 at 06:11 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'll also say that nothing is guaranteed with how difficult the AFC is and will continue to be for the next decade. However, with the leader that Burrow is, and the goals he has set to change the Bengals narrative, players are going to want to come join him and may even do it for less money than they could get somewhere else. Bengals will have their chances.

With that said, every draft pick from 1-4 should be O lineman lol unless they get a few free agents on that side.
    Gronk said he would

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Possible. Have they changed the rule to make it okay for receivers to sling away the defender by the facemask before catching a pass and waltzing in for the TD? Seems like they would do it more often if it was allowed.

I had the first score of the second half to be Bengals offensive TD for +250, so I was pleased by the no call of the blatant penalty.
    Or Ramsey was already in the process of falling and it was an inadvertent face mask. Ramsey took a dive and that’s why the refs held their flags.

Technically, it’s a penalty. The call on Wilson was THE blown call. Also the unnecessary roughness call was garbage. Not sure if either changed the eventual outcome but to equate the Wilson and Higgins non call is silly.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 02-14-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Mmm hmm.