Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Down the Stretch....SOS comparison

Looking at the remaining schedules and pondering how many more wins can X get vs wins of other BE teams fighting for positions, here are the remaining number of top 50 (51 for Providence) opponents in BE schedule.
    Since Providence is #51 in kenpom.com I am counting them as a top 50 opponent.

UConn has 6 games remaining against BE top 50 teams
    X has has 5 games " " "
    Creighton has 5 games " " ".
    Villanova has 5 games " "
    Seton Hall has 4 games " " "
    Providence has 3 games. " " "
    Marquette has 1 game " "

So clearly Marquette has the most favorable schedule remaining . They can lose 1 more game and finish top 3 in BE.
    It could be a jumbled mess if each team can't win more than 2-3 vs Q1 opponents.
    Seton Hall is struggling and maybe they are easily defeatable vs other top 5 talent.

Even though Providence has best BE record, they might struggle vs Nova and X.

I could be wrong but I do not see Providence or Nova losing more than 2 more BE games.
    So Friars also have a good schedule for finishing first or 2nd.
    Nova is a solid #2 .
    Marquette loses 1 or 2 more games and will be in top 4.
    UConn likely will lose 3 more games.
    X loses 2-3 more and will be fighting for 4th place.
    Last edited by xukeith; 02-04-2022 at 09:11 AM.

No doubt that Marquette is going to finish very, very strong. Lewis is on an absolute tear and is now firmly in the BE POY conversation.

Here's the thing. Yes, Xavier's remaining schedule prevents any major run IMO. That's why Saturday is critical. Get that one and eye SJU @ home and the last game vs GU. Those are highly likely wins, but no guarantee they will be played. Without Saturday, high anxiety will set in quickly.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-04-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Is the game at Georgetown going to made up? Do we get a forfeit win if we don't play? Tough to miss that game if we end up one game out of a better seed in the Big East Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    Is the game at Georgetown going to made up? Do we get a forfeit win if we don't play? Tough to miss that game if we end up one game out of a better seed in the Big East Tourney.
    No forfeits . I think Georgetown has scheduled 3-4 of their makeup games.
    We X fans are at the mercy of commissioner Val.

Did the team from Chicago make to Cincinnati through all the snow and ice?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    I posted in another thread about this. Georgetown now has 3 of the 4 postponed games rescheduled, we were #4 postponed and are the only one not to be rescheduled yet. I looked at both schedules and based on what is required to schedule the game the only date I saw that was plausible for our game to be rescheduled was Monday 2/21. I could be missing something but unless they moved other games around also that is literally the only date that would work for both X and Georgetown. Doesn't make me super confident it will get rescheduled, but if there is nothing preventing either school from 2/21, I would hope they would do it then and announce that soon.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I posted in another thread about this. Georgetown now has 3 of the 4 postponed games rescheduled, we were #4 postponed and are the only one not to be rescheduled yet. I looked at both schedules and based on what is required to schedule the game the only date I saw that was plausible for our game to be rescheduled was Monday 2/21. I could be missing something but unless they moved other games around also that is literally the only date that would work for both X and Georgetown. Doesn't make me super confident it will get rescheduled, but if there is nothing preventing either school from 2/21, I would hope they would do it then and announce that soon.
    I thought there was something where you couldn't play more than 3 games in a week so the 21st wouldn't work for us if we're already playing the 19th, 23rd and 26th. Probably for the best that we don't play that game. Winning does nothing and losing gives us a terrible loss.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    I thought there was something where you couldn't play more than 3 games in a week so the 21st wouldn't work for us if we're already playing the 19th, 23rd and 26th. Probably for the best that we don't play that game. Winning does nothing and losing gives us a terrible loss.
    True but if X is in 4th place in BE Standings and all that separates X from a higher seed is another BE win vs Georgetown, disregard BE improved seeding? Or don't worry about BE Tourney seeding and only focus on NCAA Tourney seeding?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    You may be right, all I could remember was there could not be any back to back nights playing. However, if the week is Sunday through Saturday, I am not sure the 19th would count as a game for that week and just the 21st, 23rd, and 26th would.

However, I totally disagree and absolutely want to play that game. Georgetown is awful and while beating them does nothing for our NCAA tourney hopes directly, it does help our BE standings, thus our BE seeding in the BE tourney. 3-6 is going to be tight in the standings, not playing (and winning) that game could hurt us.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

My guess is 3 games in any seven day span.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.