Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 Winter Storm

What a shit show. Just went to shovel the driveway from the storm. 3-4 inches of ice and sleet on the bottom, topped off by another 3-4 inches of snow on the top. A regular snow shovel or snow blower wont get it up. I had to use a straight edge shovel to get underneath the ice. Everyone be careful and take necessary breaks. I did about a 1/3 of my driveway and am exhausted.

Supporting Member
    Are you in cincy? Down here we got about a 1/10 of sleet with maybe an inch of snow and the meteorologists freaked everyone out, cancelling school yesterday because of a hard rain and then today. This area of the country is so ridiculous with the reaction to weather.

Yes, Cincy is a mess. I would have rather had a foot of snow.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yes, Cincy is a mess. I would have rather had a foot of snow.
    Crazy..must have shifted thirty miles north and south… just spoke with a colleague of mine in Hebron and said they had about the same we did here.

Was told that I 75 was shut down last night, north and south, in Dayton due to the number of accidents.
    Balls of Steele!!

Cincinnati was right on the cut line. We got sleet/ice for about 8 hours yesterday and the snow started around 10:00 PM. Light snow right now...fu#king mess.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Was told that I 75 was shut down last night, north and south, in Dayton due to the number of accidents.
    Almost looked like the whole interstate system was shut down in metro area including Reagan and Norwood lateral. Heck road that leads to my neighborhood was closed for hours yesterday. Good times for sure.

All-Conference
    If you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, it's fine.

Also, if you didn't treat your driveway at all last night during the ice, you have zero chance of shoveling it today. Either that, or risk a massive heart attack.

The good thing is, snow and ice melt eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, it's fine.

Also, if you didn't treat your driveway at all last night during the ice, you have zero chance of shoveling it today. Either that, or risk a massive heart attack.

The good thing is, snow and ice melt eventually.
    Man…this the truth. Went out and shoveled for 45 minutes and made very little progress. Sweating like crazy and back starting to tighten, I said screw it. Rather drive on the snow than the layer of ice under it.

I tried using my snow blower. Each pass took a little bit of the snow. After about 45 minutes, I probably took 2-3 inches off the top, but there was still that much left. Think I’ll leave it as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.