Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Moronic decision making. Unfocused play. But, it is a win and I'll take it. J. F. Christ!
    Exactly! Who cares if we played poor as long as we win. This team is heading towards an NCAA tournament pick and Steele is heading towards a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    X should easily be in top 10
    of the Big East!

I don't care if we play poor and win in the tournament but right now playing poor tells me this team is one and done. Can't make Layups around basket , can't hit from deep and our Free-throws are not good. We will make the dance and we might even get a high seed. But unless this team can make the Sweet 16 I think I have seen enough of this coaching staff. Either they don't listen to Steele or he just has no clue on how to coach. We will be the 5 seed and the 12 seed will spank us. That Creighton win did nothing but save Steeles job.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Well, that was a pretty discouraging performance.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I don't care if we play poor and win in the tournament but right now playing poor tells me this team is one and done. Can't make Layups around basket , can't hit from deep and our Free-throws are not good. We will make the dance and we might even get a high seed. But unless this team can make the Sweet 16 I think I have seen enough of this coaching staff. Either they don't listen to Steele or he just has no clue on how to coach. We will be the 5 seed and the 12 seed will spank us. That Creighton win did nothing but save Steeles job.
    I will give you points for consistency!

We were 3 points away from yet another new thread.

Lots of thoughts.
    One comment.
    Dub.
    Moving on……
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

So now we rely on the three-point shooting acumen of Zach Freemantle and Jerome Hunter for the margin of victory. That's a brilliant plan. That's a Swiss f'in watch.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I think some of the issue on the offensive end is not using the corners at all. We're usually going wing to wing which compacts our spacing and makes it harder to drive the lane. I'm wondering if we can ever run the PnR play that gets Free & Nunge wide open 3's at the top of the key for other guys (Nate, Kunkel)? If the defender follows a better shooter out there then whoever has the ball can just continue to drive to the basket. On the defensive end, I saw Colby and a few other guys get blown by in 1 on 1 situations. I don't know if they're expecting help or just can't stay with their man. I'm glad we got the W but we made it hard on ourselves. You want to see improvement during the season but it looks like we are staying on the same plane over the past several weeks. Glad to see Free have a great offensive game. Just keep finding ways to win games. Tons of big opportunities still left for this team to rise up.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It was fugly for sure and to me it was pretty obvious that some players lacked focus, but it was a fairly comfortable win nonetheless. Turn the page.
    Turn the page ? More like tear it out and use it as toilet paper.

Supporting Member
    I can’t remember the last time I have seen a Xavier team with guards that for the most part are horrible at sticking with their man on the dribble.. they get blown by so many times…Odom, kunkel, Scruggs, Colby. I don’t remember if it happened to Nate but it could have. And, it’s butler not exactly the most athletic team in the world.