Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Game Thread: Xavier v DePaul University (1/19/2022)

VS.

THE MATCHUP

NO. 20/20 XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (13-3, 3-2 BIG EAST)
    DEPAUL UNIVERSITY BLUE DEMONS (10-6, 1-5 BIG EAST)
    WEDNESDAY, JAN. 19, 2022 AT 9 P.M. ET (8 P.M. CT)
    WINTRUST ARENA (10,387) IN CHICAGO, ILL.

TV, RADIO & LIVE STATS

Television: FS1 with pbp from Jeff Levering and analysis from Stephen Bardo.
    Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman ('79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin ('88). XU broadcast is also on Sirius (121), XM (202) and the SXM App. (965).
    Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Why is Xavier at DePaul not on a Saturday? They would get hundreds, maybe thousands, of Xavier fans coming in. It would be their most tickets sold for the season this side of Marquette.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

All-Conference
    Just win - by 1 or 49 - just win.

This is a 100% must win road game.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Why is Xavier at DePaul not on a Saturday? They would get hundreds, maybe thousands, of Xavier fans coming in. It would be their most tickets sold for the season this side of Marquette.
    I am sure they would prefer it that way. I am not sure how much say the individual schools get in their BE schedule.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    X opened at -7…, down to 6 this morning. Just win.

Hopefully we start shooting better. Anyone looked at X's conference shooting numbers? Not good, even at home.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Hopefully we start shooting better. Anyone looked at X's conference shooting numbers? Not good, even at home.
    Actually in conference, Nate is at 44% from three, Adam 40% and Jerome 36% but Paul and Colby are shooting awful. So would be nice if Paul and Colby could join the club and Jack and Zach only shoot sparingly when wide open to keep defense honest. Xavier needs this one. Line is down to -5.5 but think Xavier will win by 8-12.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Just hasn't been case. I've been to a couple games at Depaul in the last 5 years and you might see a couple hundred X fans there.

I do agree, it would give me a a reason to visit Chicago.......cant do that with a mid week game

Supporting Member
    X is now -7.5…. Sharks must have hammered it when it got to 6.