Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

2021-22 Big East Games

Thought we needed a BE thread only. Interesting response from DePaul and now SH is 1-1 without playing a game. This should change? Right?

https://twitter.com/bluedemonsad/sta...983489539?s=10

https://www.bigeast.com/standings.aspx?standings=2

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Thought we needed a BE thread only. Interesting response from DePaul and now SH is 1-1 without playing a game. This should change? Right?

https://twitter.com/bluedemonsad/sta...983489539?s=10

https://www.bigeast.com/standings.aspx?standings=2
    To clarify, it seems you’ve delivered a BE *covid* only thread. I apologize if I am misinterpreting your point, but I assume you’re referring to the forfeitures? If so, I don’t see why. The forfeitures only apply to BE/conf records and standings. If you can’t field enough players, you lose— so much better than the turd we had to swallow last year. This has moved beyond absurd. We have to stop being afraid to live Witt this thing. Put your healthy and vaccinated players on the court, and let’s go.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    To clarify, it seems you’ve delivered a BE *covid* only thread. I apologize if I am misinterpreting your point, but I assume you’re referring to the forfeitures? If so, I don’t see why. The forfeitures only apply to BE/conf records and standings. If you can’t field enough players, you lose— so much better than the turd we had to swallow last year. This has moved beyond absurd. We have to stop being afraid to live Witt this thing. Put your healthy and vaccinated players on the court, and let’s go.
    Yes, you are misinterpreting my intent for starting the thread and sorry I wasn’t more clear. Just starting a new BE thread with conference games played. Unfortunately, covid is part of the discussion. Guess I should’ve started with Creighton and Villanova but think that was already discussed.

Just trying to move BE conference play into one thread. If you want to close, by all means request it…

New cancellation policy:

Under the modified policy, a Conference game will be canceled in the event a school has fewer than seven scholarship players and one countable coach available for a game. The BIG EAST Conference Office will attempt to reschedule any such game(s) in accordance with parameters approved by BIG EAST Directors of Athletics. In the event the rescheduling parameters cannot be fulfilled, the canceled game(s) will be designated as a no contest.

To date, four BIG EAST men’s Conference games had been designated as forfeitures under the previous COVID-19 game cancellation policy. The forfeiture classification will be removed from these games, and efforts are now underway to reschedule them at a later date. No women’s games to date have been designated as forfeitures.
    X A V I E R

Not really surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

People (a lot of podcast folks and commentators) were going apeshit on this rule. It was clearly a rule instituted before Omicron and was designed to ensure teams would get everyone vaccinated. With the spread of Omicron, vaccinated or not no longer mattered (in terms of getting positive tests) and it was simply a matter of time before it was rectified. Not sure why so many people were losing their shit over it.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

2021-2022 Non Xavier BE Games

I didn't see a thread specifically for non Xavier BE games. Hope I didn't just miss it.

Anyway Marquette is laying the smackdown on Providence up 42-22 at the half. I havent seen any of the game but just saw the score online. Let's see if Providence wakes up in the 2nd half.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    There's the one game where everything went wrong for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    There's the one game where everything went wrong for PC.
    Completely agree. Boy did they get spanked by Marquette. Can’t quite figure out Marquette. Gave X a good game, should’ve beaten Creighton, then dismantles PC. Welcome to the Big East.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Completely agree. Boy did they get spanked by Marquette. Can’t quite figure out Marquette. Gave X a good game, should’ve beaten Creighton, then dismantles PC. Welcome to the Big East.
    I don’t know what is wrong with him if he is in Covid protocol or injured or what but providence is without one of their best players in reeves. In regards to Marquette, I think they will be up and down all year, they are pretty darn young. 4 of their best players are freshmen.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-05-2022 at 08:27 PM.