Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I'm not a sadist, but, well, karma is a bitch.

The more I think about all this, the more I am so pleased to have Travis in the first chair, because of his personality - - and all this assumes that he is continuing to track towards becoming a solid D1 coach that could be our keeper for years to come.
    There’s more to life than money, but he went for the big contract like so many before him.

I am hopeful that Travis is growing into the job. Not perfect, but who is? Just keep making progress. I bet the Browns wish they had been more patient with Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    There’s more to life than money, but he went for the big contract like so many before him.
    In fairness, I don't think it was JUST money in this case. This was a chance to make the wife happy and move to a higher-prestige program with a bigger fanbase in a city he would mostly own.

Unfortunately for him and Kristi, he blew it. Davenport might let him have Bellarmine, but otherwise he has to uproot the family from the dream and most limely move them somewhere that is neither his nor her hometown.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    In fairness, I don't think it was JUST money in this case. This was a chance to make the wife happy and move to a higher-prestige program with a bigger fanbase in a city he would mostly own.

Unfortunately for him and Kristi, he blew it. Davenport might let him have Bellarmine, but otherwise he has to uproot the family from the dream and most limely move them somewhere that is neither his nor her hometown.
    Does he really have to do that? He's always said he wants to retire early. This could push him to that.

I'm sure he has plenty of money to do it, and he will be paid millions to leave. At the end of the day, regardless of what happens, he doesn't have a financial worry for the rest of his life. That's why you take these jobs - even when you lose, you win.

I am hopeful that Travis is growing into the job. Not perfect, but who is? Just keep making progress. I bet the Browns wish they had been more patient with Belichick.
    Ha! Truer words have never been typed.
    X A V I E R

Totally agree, there were many factors. I’m pretty sure money was high on the list, but certainly not the sole reason. I don’t want to see bad things happen to anyone, but sometimes you make your own bed, and it doesn’t work out.

Modell fired Belichick on his move out of town to Baltimore. That is another reason why Modell should never sniff less than a 1,000,000 from the Pro Football HOF.
    Any owner who fires Paul Brown and Bill Belichick in the same lifetime has no business being an NFL owner.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I have a feeling that Scott is getting close to being done. 65 years old. Mack would be a suitable replacement.
    Ya got what ya wanted Christi.

Supporting Member
    F mack. I don’t care if bad things happen to him. Hope he gets fired f him. He will be fine with him and his family swimming in money.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I have a feeling that Scott is getting close to being done. 65 years old. Mack would be a suitable replacement.
    Ya got what ya wanted Christi.
    I like the Bellarmine program and Davenport is a class act. Please keep Mack away from it.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    I like the Bellarmine program and Davenport is a class act. Please keep Mack away from it.
    Me too. I lived close to the campus and many of my cousins went there. One played for the Knights in the early 70’s.

My point would be it is a perfect place to rehabilitate your image if Scott wants to retire.