Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What isn’t wrong with Louisville?

It just keeps getting worse. Third straight losses and this last one kind of tells you just how bad it is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffgreer...lor-falls-no-5

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hate. To. See. It.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote from a thread identified as "Mack is Failing" from Louisville Men's Basketball Fan Forum............

"I never want to jump on the negative bandwagon but I have never liked Mack after his first year here. Prickly and insecure is totally cool if you have some substance."

I usually do not feel sorry for any d1 coaches but this is sad. Mack came out and said,
    " I can't figure out how to motivate these players!"
    He looks completely powerless, hopeless, clueless. How does any d 1basketball coach NOT know how to motivate players. Maybe some assistant coaches dropped the ball or recruiting blew up in his face.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I usually do not feel sorry for any d1 coaches but this is sad. Mack came out and said,
    He looks completely powerless, hopeless, clueless. How does any d 1basketball coach NOT know how to motivate players. Maybe some assistant coaches dropped the ball or recruiting blew up in his face.
    He sounds totally defeated in post game pressers. He is saying many things that you typically only hear from coaches who are going to be on their way out.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I wonder in the ACC where probably 6-8 teams are struggling how their fan bases are.
    Virginia is a good school (won a national championship). They are losing way too much for a top program.
    Notre Dame hasn't had a good year in maybe 5 years.
    VTech 7 losses.
    Syracuse 9 losses.
    Florida St has the longest team in nation (inches tall) and they have 5 losses. It looks like each team except UNC and Duke have blown up.

Maybe this is proof football schools damage the basketball programs.
    Last edited by xukeith; 01-17-2022 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    He made a similar comment one year when he had a rough stretch at X. He really doesn’t like taking ownership when things go poorly. It always going to be the players or the assistants or some other person or thing that must be responsible for his failures.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-17-2022 at 08:37 PM.