Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    isn't Tandy a point guard too? Do we really need a freshman, transfer, Tandy and Jones to all help out those 10 minutes Odom isn't on the floor?
    Can't ever have enough ball handlers imo. What if Odom gets hurt? I am not sure we ever get anything out of Tandy outside of his solid freshman season. I hope so but wouldn't count on it.

And let's not forget we can now get transfers who can play right away who have several years remaining. This should be an area we scout hard every year and I am sure the staff is.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Some big time offers for him: UCLA, Missouri, LSU, South Carolina .

So whats the rule for transfers playing if they are not on scholarship?
    I hope he sees the floor if only so we can all scream Master P lyrics every time he touches the ball.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh na-na-na-na!"
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    isn't Tandy a point guard too? Do we really need a freshman, transfer, Tandy and Jones to all help out those 10 minutes Odom isn't on the floor?
    I don’t trust KyKy to run the team. He was a turnover machine early.
    More of a Nate type shooter kid
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I don’t trust KyKy to run the team. He was a turnover machine early.
    More of a Nate type shooter kid
    While I don’t know if I want him running point, I don’t know where the perception of him being a turnover machine comes from because stats don’t reflect it, even freshman year when he was getting a lot of playing time.

If anyone is a turnover machine, it’s Paul and he hasn’t improved at all in five years in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    While I don’t know if I want him running point, I don’t know where the perception of him being a turnover machine comes from because stats don’t reflect it, even freshman year when he was getting a lot of playing time.

If anyone is a turnover machine, it’s Paul and he hasn’t improved at all in five years in that regard
    Historically KyKy hasn't really passed the ball a whole lot, which helps limit the turnovers. If you count putting up a terrible shot with like 5 seconds into the shot clock as a turnover it changes that stat though.

Mostly I just haven't seen the level of vision and decision making from KyKy that I would want anyone even seeing spot time as a PG to have.
    Eat Donuts!

He can play like any scholarship player next season.

Sure he’s not worried about a scholarship since his NIL is 2 million. It would be nice if he could play his way to get one.

He played 6 games for TT, then got injured. Transferred at the semester break and will be eligible in the 22-23 season, probably the 2nd semester.

Sophomore
    I am FIRMLY in the Kunkel>Kyky camp. That being said, I think he could run the point some next year. I don't know that we've ever had a full look at what he can do. He had to shoot a lot as a frosh because we literally had no outside shooting. Last year was a lost year because of the depth, this year due to injury. But he's athletic and can score, I bet with increased playing time and confidence, we wouldn't see some of the rushed decisions and bad shots. Every time he came in the game last year (after that first 6 or so) it seemed like he was pressing way too hard to make an immediate impact.

I do agree with the people saying to see what's there in the transfer portal, thats a huge part of college sports now, but I'm not quite ready to totally give up on him either, especially since we'll need some guard depth next year. He could be our sixth man and a spark off the bench...but it's also just as likely we've seen all he's gonna do here.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    He played 6 games for TT, then got injured. Transferred at the semester break and will be eligible in the 22-23 season, probably the 2nd semester.
    Why would he not be eligible until the second semester? There is a free transfer rule now. Unless he has already transferred once?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Why would he not be eligible until the second semester? There is a free transfer rule now. Unless he has already transferred once?
    Good question, but I can’t answer. I can only tell you that what I read was that he wasn’t eligible until next year. I’m assuming that would mean he would be eligible at the semester break, but that’s just speculation on my part. Otherwise, why wouldn’t he be eligible right now? Perhaps it is so that he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility because he played 6 games already this year?

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Xavier basketball adds Hercy Miller, son of music mogul Master P, as a walk-on transfer

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rs/6570841001/