Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    They might be active, but it appears that Steele wants to have a mixture on the roster. The portal is an unknown as to who might be available so you have to recruit as if there is no one good on the portal. You still want 4 year guys to have a team affinity for the school.
    I’d be shocked if they don’t hit the transfer portal again. They have had success the last couple years with it. Of course it’s a mix of 4 year guys, but I expect them to always be hitting the portal for rotational players

We are losing all but one guy who could play PG next year. Dwon can"t play 40 minutes. Kunk will be back but he's a SG. Colby isn't a point. Nate and Paul are gone. KyKy is a question mark, but definitely not a PG. He'll fight for SG minutes if healthy and he stays. A Nate type player.
    Not surprised they'd tell Mintz he'll get significant minutes. And it sounds like they won't be as transfer portal active.
    Interesting- I actually think Colby could play the point. I feel very comfortable when the ball is in his hands. Always seems like he’s calm and in control- feel like it’s been a while since we’ve had that type of PG. Feels like we’ve had a history of guys who want to force things and thus play/drive out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Interesting- I actually think Colby could play the point. I feel very comfortable when the ball is in his hands. Always seems like he’s calm and in control- feel like it’s been a while since we’ve had that type of PG. Feels like we’ve had a history of guys who want to force things and thus play/drive out of control.
    Thing is that he is so valuable off the ball. Has a nose for it and his rebounding at the 3 is superb.
    As NBA prep, it would be fun to see him get some PG experience, but that’s not in the team’s best interest.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Thing is that he is so valuable off the ball. Has a nose for it and his rebounding at the 3 is superb.
    As NBA prep, it would be fun to see him get some PG experience, but that’s not in the team’s best interest.
    Yeah, but he would only need to play PG for about 10 minutes per game.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Did not know where else to put the speakers point, but what is this about:

https://amp.tennesseani.com/amp/6559...IZz8xbhGd003fc

The title of the article is:

Master P's son Hercy, who transferred from Tennessee State basketball, tweets he's headed to Xavier
    Last edited by xudash; 01-17-2022 at 09:50 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Did not know where else to put the speakers point, but what is this about:

https://amp.tennesseani.com/amp/6559...IZz8xbhGd003fc

The title of the article is:

Master P's son Hercy, who transferred from Tennessee State basketball, tweets he's headed to Xavier
    He was dressed on the bench on Saturday. Looks like he is a walk on. Not sure what the connection is.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    He was dressed on the bench on Saturday. Looks like he is a walk on. Not sure what the connection is.
    Some big time offers for him: UCLA, Missouri, LSU, South Carolina .

So whats the rule for transfers playing if they are not on scholarship?

Have zero clue if this 19 year old can play. I doubt it.
    He was at Tennessee Tech for a reason.

More players transferring with injuries.
    Master P is his dad. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Some big time offers for him: UCLA, Missouri, LSU, South Carolina .

So whats the rule for transfers playing if they are not on scholarship?
    I don’t know if it’s still true, but it used to make no difference if you were on scholarship or not. The eligibility and transfer rules were the same. However, I do know that there have been changes made over the years, so I won’t say if that’s still the case for sure.

Sophomore
    isn't Tandy a point guard too? Do we really need a freshman, transfer, Tandy and Jones to all help out those 10 minutes Odom isn't on the floor?