Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

22 Guard Judah Mintz

Sounds like we are interested in being this PG in for next year. I was interested in what he said about Xavier. Saying that the coaches are telling him they want him to run the point moving forward. What about Odom?

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/01/15/...sion-timeline/

All-Conference
    I'm sure they tell everyone they're going to be in the mix from day 1.

"yeah, you're probably going to sit for 2 years and be a practice player" doesn't usually seal the deal.

We are losing all but one guy who could play PG next year. Dwon can"t play 40 minutes. Kunk will be back but he's a SG. Colby isn't a point. Nate and Paul are gone. KyKy is a question mark, but definitely not a PG. He'll fight for SG minutes if healthy and he stays. A Nate type player.
    Not surprised they'd tell Mintz he'll get significant minutes. And it sounds like they won't be as transfer portal active.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'm sure they tell everyone they're going to be in the mix from day 1.

"yeah, you're probably going to sit for 2 years and be a practice player" doesn't usually seal the deal.
    There is probably some middle ground or else there would be more transfers every year.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    We are losing all but one guy who could play PG next year. Dwon can"t play 40 minutes. Kunk will be back but he's a SG. Colby isn't a point. Nate and Paul are gone. KyKy is a question mark, but definitely not a PG. He'll fight for SG minutes if healthy and he stays. A Nate type player.
    Not surprised they'd tell Mintz he'll get significant minutes. And it sounds like they won't be as transfer portal active.
    Yes, definitely need PG help. Although freshman PG's are players I usually trust a whole lot. That being said I know nothing about this kid, so he may be amazing.

What's the deal with not being active in the transfer portal for next year? Where did that come from? Seems like a mistake to me, the transfer portal seems like it will only become more important.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

There would be a ton of blow back if Steele said, "you start from day 1".

I bet he says, "You have every opportunity to start on day 1"

He would lose all credibility and players would transfer so fast if he made some back room deal with an 17/18 year old.

Now recruits know the classes at X. Dwon is a sophomore. He knows X wants to win BE championship and win a National Championship.

It is a jigsaw puzzle with Transfers and frosh.

I hope Tandy recovers well. He is not palying much next year with Kunkel, Craft, Ward, Jones and XYZ recruit/transfer

X needs and will get a transfer pg/sg who can run Steele's system.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes, definitely need PG help. Although freshman PG's are players I usually trust a whole lot. That being said I know nothing about this kid, so he may be amazing.

What's the deal with not being active in the transfer portal for next year? Where did that come from? Seems like a mistake to me, the transfer portal seems like it will only become more important.
    They might be active, but it appears that Steele wants to have a mixture on the roster. The portal is an unknown as to who might be available so you have to recruit as if there is no one good on the portal. You still want 4 year guys to have a team affinity for the school.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I hope it's just a bit of a slump for Odom, but sometime I watch him play and think - he's going to be out point guard next year???
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

We are going to have to go transfer portal for PG if we cant get Mintz or someone else in the 22 class. You cant just have Dwon there and no other PG option.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I hope it's just a bit of a slump for Odom, but sometime I watch him play and think - he's going to be out point guard next year???
    I think Odom has been pretty good this year. I would have no reservation with him getting 25+ minutes.

Puzzling that he wasn't really used against Nova in the 2nd half.