2 14.29%
  • NKU

3 21.43%
  • Dayton

4 28.57%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Unless it's something Pitinoesque, they usually always get paid something in a settlement.

At the end of the day, if he's let go, he won't have the pick of the litter, but he would still land a very good job, assuming he would even want to continue to coach.

I could see him playing on his boat for the next 20 years.
    Not to mention, if they attempt to pull some shenanigans in trying to void his contract, it might have ripple effects into their search for a replacement.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Even if they are self reported? I believe Louisville self reported that violation after the Dino debacle.
    I find this to be a very interesting situation if what I've read above is true. If in fact his contract states that he can be fired, with cause, if he is responsible for any level II violations AND the university self reports a level II violation aren't both parties aware of the ramifications? UofL can send Chris packing without any financial liability and Chris has essentially agreed to that.

He would be an immediate upgrade at any middle of the road ACC, Big 12, Big 10 and ACC teams.

You're telling me he couldn't be an improvement at a place like Pitt or Northwestern? Of course he would.
    Right, but with the baggage I cant see those schools and their alumni being excited about him.

Ask Kevin Ollie how it worked out for UConn when they fired him BEFORE he was found "guilty" of something that he was ultimately found guilty of.

Nevermind the fact that Ollie actually WAS guilty of the charges.....they have to pay him 11M because they fired him before the guilty determination was made.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Ask Kevin Ollie how it worked out for UConn when they fired him BEFORE he was found "guilty" of something that he was ultimately found guilty of.

Nevermind the fact that Ollie actually WAS guilty of the charges.....they have to pay him 11M because they fired him before the guilty determination was made.
    Did UConn self report the violations or were they accusations brought by the NCAA?

Genuinely curious how that all works. If a school catches their coach cheating, is upset by it, reports it to the NCAA as the violation it is, they then have to wait years for the NCAA to finally look at it before they can fire their coach for cause? If that is the case, it makes no sense.

I get how it would be different if the NCAA brought allegations against the school that the coach denies and the school had no knowledge of.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I CM were to interview for another position, I don't think there is enough room under the bus for him to weasel his was into the job. But I wouldn't put it past him.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    He would be an immediate upgrade at any middle of the road ACC, Big 12, Big 10 and ACC teams.

You're telling me he couldn't be an improvement at a place like Pitt or Northwestern? Of course he would.
    Yeah, like Billy Gillispie, who’s climbed all the way back to— Tarleton.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

He ain’t going there. Like you said in your earlier post, I could see him playing on his boat for the next 20 years.
    Mack has said that he doesn’t want to coach past 55. He basically told me the same thing personally at the Butler County Steak Fry a few years ago. Christi also ain’t moving from Louisville so, unless he changed his mind, or Bellarmine opens up if Scott Davenport wants to retire, he’s on the boat
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    What about Spalding?

In my opinion, Chris Collins > Chris Mack. So, yes, I guess I kind of would tell you that.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White