• With Miller at Pitt

2 14.29%
  • NKU

3 21.43%
  • Dayton

4 28.57%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Mack wore his Bengals hat to the final meeting with the team and to address the press afterwards. So perhaps he'll be coaching with the Bengals next year?
    Maybe he'll be playing on the offensive line.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Losing in the Round of 32 was all part of the plan!!

I know I quoted you XU82, but none of the following is aimed at you...

I'll actually concede the point that Mack knew he was going to leave, or at the very least he was seriously considering it. At no point have I ever thought that to not be the case. The thing is that going deep into that NCAA Tournament would have put him in a position to demand A LOT more money, and Louisville is the kind of place that wouldn't have thought twice about paying it. I get being upset that he left, but it is utterly moronic to think Mack either wasn't totally dialed in to wanting to win the game, and it is even more moronic to suspect that he lost the game on purpose so as to not look like a fool for leaving. It's hard to not laugh at someone who says something as stupid as that.
    I'm saying he was distracted and not focused. And there was nothing at stake, since he had already accomplished what he had set out to do and land that UofL job. And winning at XU just complicates the divorce. Mack wasn't there mentally and the team felt that.

And honestly. After what he just did at Louisville and LITERALLY quit on the team. If someone was even wondering about the impact Mack might have had on that late season skid...well the last couple days may provide you with an additional data point about him.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He left X for money.

He's leaving U of L for money.

He has an out in his contract and he's taking it (or at least negotiating it) - it sounds like a complete sh*tshow down there right now. Without an AD and a President, who actually hires the new coach?

Any coach taking that job 3-4 years ago was in the complete leverage seat.
    He did not have an out and lost all leverage with the Gaudio mess. He got $4.8 of the $12.7 they owed him. Neither side wanted a protracted legal mess while they waited to see if the NCAA found the Gaudio allegations legit.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    He did not have an out and lost all leverage with the Gaudio mess. He got $4.8 of the $12.7 they owed him. Neither side wanted a protracted legal mess while they waited to see if the NCAA found the Gaudio allegations legit.
    He did in regards to avoiding a potential "firing for cause" - he avoided that by being willing to take a negotiated buy-out through a mutual separation. If I were a betting man, it was Steele's camp who initiated this.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He did in regards to avoiding a potential "firing for cause" - he avoided that by being willing to take a negotiated buy-out through a mutual separation. If I were a betting man, it was Steele's camp who initiated this.
    Can Steele's camp initiate the same with Xavier now???
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Can Steele's camp initiate the same with Xavier now???
    Come now, it's not quite that bad. It's certainly not GOOD, but it's not that bad either.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Come now, it's not quite that bad. It's certainly not GOOD, but it's not that bad either.
    Joking....but miss the tournament and I will be 100000% serious.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17