• With Miller at Pitt

2 14.29%
  • NKU

3 21.43%
  • Dayton

4 28.57%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It’s in his contract that if there are any level 2 violations under his watch, he can be canned with cause and Louisville would owe zero. The Dino thing could do that…I think unlikely but I’m still trying to figure out how the ncaa decides who gets in trouble or not
    Yea in the end, this whole Dino thing may end costing Mack a ton more (millions) than Dino himself. Wonder if Christi is still happy moving 100 miles closer to home.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    It’s in his contract that if there are any level 2 violations under his watch, he can be canned with cause and Louisville would owe zero. The Dino thing could do that…I think unlikely but I’m still trying to figure out how the ncaa decides who gets in trouble or not
    It wasn't the Dino thing but the things Dino accused him of. The use of managers in practice was a level II violation. However, I would think his lawyer could successfully argue that Louisville chose to to fire him despite those violations and would now only be claiming to do so because of a bad season. I would think there is a timeframe in which you learn of the violation and then either choose to fire or not, and I think Mack would be past that timeframe.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    It wasn't the Dino thing but the things Dino accused him of. The use of managers in practice was a level II violation. However, I would think his lawyer could successfully argue that Louisville chose to to fire him despite those violations and would now only be claiming to do so because of a bad season. I would think there is a timeframe in which you learn of the violation and then either choose to fire or not, and I think Mack would be past that timeframe.
    It’s only been a notice of allegations… there has been nothing handed down sanction wise at this point from the ncaa. Can’t be fired with cause just because of an allegation.

It’s only been a notice of allegations… there has been nothing handed down sanction wise at this point from the ncaa. Can’t be fired with cause just because of an allegation.
    Even if they are self reported? I believe Louisville self reported that violation after the Dino debacle.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Mack had all the leverage going into this gig. Any coach they hired knew they would have to over-pay for any coach to actually go there with all of the noise with the programs and the probable sanctions in numerous areas. It was his best opportunity to get a lifetime payday - even if it didn't work out, you're still set for life financially, and the story to sell that "no coach could have gotten through that situation" if you're even interested in pursuing another high profile job.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Mack had all the leverage going into this gig. Any coach they hired knew they would have to over-pay for any coach to actually go there with all of the noise with the programs and the probable sanctions in numerous areas. It was his best opportunity to get a lifetime payday - even if it didn't work out, you're still set for life financially, and the story to sell that "no coach could have gotten through that situation" if you're even interested in pursuing another high profile job.
    As long as they don't fire him for cause you may be right.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As long as they don't fire him for cause you may be right.
    Unless it's something Pitinoesque, they usually always get paid something in a settlement.

At the end of the day, if he's let go, he won't have the pick of the litter, but he would still land a very good job, assuming he would even want to continue to coach.

I could see him playing on his boat for the next 20 years.

Mack's coaching credibility if he doesn't survive UL is going to be severely damaged. I dont see a top 5 conference gig coming his way. A-10, American, etc sure.....but he isnt going to bite on that.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Mack's coaching credibility if he doesn't survive UL is going to be severely damaged. I dont see a top 5 conference gig coming his way. A-10, American, etc sure.....but he isnt going to bite on that.
    He would be an immediate upgrade at any middle of the road ACC, Big 12, Big 10 and ACC teams.

You're telling me he couldn't be an improvement at a place like Pitt or Northwestern? Of course he would.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Unless it's something Pitinoesque, they usually always get paid something in a settlement.

At the end of the day, if he's let go, he won't have the pick of the litter, but he would still land a very good job, assuming he would even want to continue to coach.

I could see him playing on his boat for the next 20 years.
    Heck, that is what I would do. He seems to have a little bit too big of an ego (who of these guys doesnt?) though to end his coaching career in such disastrous fashion.