• With Miller at Pitt

2 14.29%
  • NKU

3 21.43%
  • Dayton

4 28.57%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    So Louisville could conceivably be like $30MM+ into Bobby Petrino, Chris Mack, and Papa John. None of whom will be associated with the University much longer. For some reason that strikes me as hilarious.
    If I'm a student/alumni/booster, I would be outraged at the waste of money the University has thrown around. Institution of higher learning my ass. UL is a prime example of a school that should be slapped with the highest possible sanctions the NCAA can levy. But we know that wont happen.

So Louisville could conceivably be like $30MM+ into Bobby Petrino, Chris Mack, and Papa John. None of whom will be associated with the University much longer. For some reason that strikes me as hilarious.
    “Top 10 Program.” In Stupidity & Malfeasance.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    If I'm a student/alumni/booster, I would be outraged at the waste of money the University has thrown around. Institution of higher learning my ass. UL is a prime example of a school that should be slapped with the highest possible sanctions the NCAA can levy. But we know that wont happen.
    Wait. Are you familiar with UL? They are barely a step above community commuter college. Hardly would call them an “institution of higher learning”.
    This is the land of Peace, Love, Justice...and no Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perma Fro View Post
    Wait. Are you familiar with UL? They are barely a step above community commuter college. Hardly would call them an “institution of higher learning”.
    I think that was the "my ass" part. And I doubt if the average student gives a rats arse about the basketball team except for an excuse to party. As if they would not otherwise find a reason to.

As if any of them are drinking good kentucky bourbon.

All drinking that seltzer crap that is cluttering the aisles at the stores.

But hey, that's a whole 'nuther rant.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

I have been working in Louisville this week making sales calls all over town. The disdain for Chris Mack is palpable, and the majority of people I spoke to can't see him lasting past this season. This was a very unscientific poll of U of L fans. Without a president or AD, I am not sure how this will play out. Mack appeased his bosses by getting rid of assistants last season, but he has a roster made up of transfers that have not gelled. Argument can be made to give him time to get through this rough patch, but it will be a tough sell to the Louisville fanbase.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I have been working in Louisville this week making sales calls all over town. The disdain for Chris Mack is palpable, and the majority of people I spoke to can't see him lasting past this season. This was a very unscientific poll of U of L fans. Without a president or AD, I am not sure how this will play out. Mack appeased his bosses by getting rid of assistants last season, but he has a roster made up of transfers that have not gelled. Argument can be made to give him time to get through this rough patch, but it will be a tough sell to the Louisville fanbase.
    Chris has brought in 19 players, including 6 with his first class. He has no excuses in my opinion. He doesn’t like recruiting and he is not a people person. He is probably in the wrong profession.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post

All drinking that seltzer crap that is cluttering the aisles at the stores.
    HEY, those seltzers are great......................mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    The only thing that I could see getting Mack another year is the fact that it would seem to make sense to hire a President or and AD first. Especially if you have to pay Mack a boatload to go away and then (presumably) pay a new coach a bunch of money. I'm not sure what the status of those searches is.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    The only thing that I could see getting Mack another year is the fact that it would seem to make sense to hire a President or and AD first. Especially if you have to pay Mack a boatload to go away and then (presumably) pay a new coach a bunch of money. I'm not sure what the status of those searches is.
    It’s in his contract that if there are any level 2 violations under his watch, he can be canned with cause and Louisville would owe zero. The Dino thing could do that…I think unlikely but I’m still trying to figure out how the ncaa decides who gets in trouble or not

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It’s in his contract that if there are any level 2 violations under his watch, he can be canned with cause and Louisville would owe zero. The Dino thing could do that…I think unlikely but I’m still trying to figure out how the ncaa decides who gets in trouble or not
    Or when they decide, right? Seems like Mack could reach retirement age before the NCAA renders a verdict on any of the stuff.
    Eat Donuts!