Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    I actually think Hunter is not a bad rotational player. I'm even fine starting him as long as Nunge is next to him. He gives some effort on defense, has some nice drives. He's gotta stop loving his jumper so much, but I think he's a fine rotational guy for 12-15 min a game. Definitely has the athleticism to develop into an even better contributor IMO with maturity and work.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I actually think Hunter is not a bad rotational player. I'm even fine starting him as long as Nunge is next to him. He gives some effort on defense, has some nice drives. He's gotta stop loving his jumper so much, but I think he's a fine rotational guy for 12-15 min a game. Definitely has the athleticism to develop into an even better contributor IMO with maturity and work.
    To me Hunter is a guy that just has incredible size, but just hasnt quite figured out how to control it all. He just seems a little bit clumsy to me. It's like he woke up one day and was 6 inches taller suddenly and cant quite master the motor skills because these long arms and long legs are just a bit foreign to him.

Kind of reminds me of Justin Martin, who I realize was not the same height, but Martin just seems clumsy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    To me Hunter is a guy that just has incredible size, but just hasnt quite figured out how to control it all. He just seems a little bit clumsy to me. It's like he woke up one day and was 6 inches taller suddenly and cant quite master the motor skills because these long arms and long legs are just a bit foreign to him.

Kind of reminds me of Justin Martin, who I realize was not the same height, but Martin just seems clumsy to me.
    Insert Dieonte Miles in this post....it is spot on.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Little surprised that Stanley doesn't get a look for a few minutes in the 1st half of games just to see if he's a more viable option for a short period of time against certain teams. Didn't he average 22ppg/game a couple of years ago? Other than that, it's going to be 8 guys we see each game with the same substitution pattern for the first 10 minutes of the game.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

I wouldn’t mind testing Miles on the court with another big like Nunge or Free. Not a fan of Miles and Hunter together because neither seems to be much of a threat on offense in the paint. Marquette added to their lead because of that lineup. I can’t help but wonder if that second true big (Free or Nunge) was in there with him- grabbing attention- he might have an easier time scoring.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-24-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I wouldn’t mind testing Miles on the court with another big like Nunge or Free. Not a fan of Miles and Hunter together because neither seems to be much of a threat on offense in the paint. Marquette added to their lead because of that lineup. I can’t help but wonder if that second true big (Free or Nunge) in there with him- grabbing attention- he might have an easier time scoring.
    I’m with ya on this…I’m pretty perplexed as to why Steele haven’t put nunge and miles together , having two big guys worked wonders a few years ago with Hankins but Steele is obsessed with his stretch four idea. At least teams in the big East would think differently about going inside instead of having the traffic cone of freemantle out there for so many minutes

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I’m with ya on this…I’m pretty perplexed as to why Steele haven’t put nunge and miles together , having two big guys worked wonders a few years ago with Hankins but Steele is obsessed with his stretch four idea. At least teams in the big East would think differently about going inside instead of having the traffic cone of freemantle out there for so many minutes
    It would probably also free up guys like Scruggs and Nate to get it going again from 3. There's no chance Miles hangs out on the 3 point line like Free does.

It's exactly why the Hankins/Tyrique combo worked - as well as both being quality Big East interior beef. I have no doubt we'd be a more efficient and consistent offensive team playing 2 true bigs. We wouldn't get pushed around as much either.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-24-2022 at 03:54 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Insert Dieonte Miles in this post....it is spot on.
    Yeah, perfect description of Miles.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Yeah, Miles is just tall. A project coming in to see if he could develop- he hasn’t. Maybe he can be good to come in and get some fouls or something

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    With Johnson, I believe opponents cover him and don't let him get many free looks. Now Kunkel gets better looks because he is not swarmed by defenders.
    Nate is suffering from fear, more commonly called a lack of confidence. He knows what it feels like to shoot a pure shot, but when we get shit it our heads about how badly we need this to go in or how desperate the game is, we're operating from the wrong place. Nate, like us all, needs to realize the totality of Now and let go all the what ifs and what if nots. Appreciate this life, your part in the game however it's unfolding.

Of course, I'm pushing 70. Didn't think much about such things in my early 20s.