This has been brought up here and there but not in any real detail. Coach Steele and staff have obviously struggled, all too regularly, with in game adjustments. I just don't understand why X did not hire an experienced bench coach with reputable "chops" in that area. I'm talking starting with Steele's first season. Is this not a no brainer for a young 1st time HC AND isn't safe to say that it's the Athletic Director's call?

I find it hard to believe this wasn't discussed after Mack's departure. Once the decision to promote Steele was made, doesn't the focus shift to putting together the absolute best staff for him, considering his inexperience? Is it possible that Travis Steele's ego was as such, that he insisted on choosing his own guys?

Look, it was painfully obvious that Coach Steele game planned to consistently lob over a PERCEIVED height challenged Nova Tuesday night. It resulted in nothing but turnovers (I'm not counting Odom's off target that ended up a 3). Inexplicably they kept going back to the well with terrible results. This accounted for 5/6 TO's.

Any experienced bench guy could have strongly suggested making a quick adjustment, no?

I guess the assumption here is that it had been discussed and for some reason Steele nixed the idea. Thoughts?