Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Memo to Hunter

Hunter was also the leading scorer in the last game with 15. But yes, he needs to play smarter.
    Balls of Steele!!

Freshman
    Maybe we're seeing why Hunter fell out of grace at IU. He thinks he's something he is not.

Jerome Hunter is going to win a game for us at some point, probably by hitting a buzzer-beater three.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Jerome Hunter is going to win a game for us at some point, probably by hitting a buzzer-beater three.
    And if you listen closely in the background of that highlight you will hear me yelling “No, no, no, no, no, no, noooooooooo YESSS!!!”
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Sophomore

a good ball handler, defender, rebounder, slasher

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I like his form actually, not enough arc though. I thought he was well utilized yesterday and for some reason i saw horrible foul shooting by X, Providence and Uconn yesterday. If he hit his 2 foul shots(or even one) this thread would be a lot shorter. At least we wont have a 24 sec violation and his height will get him a good look and he can make his own 3 unlike Carter. The early 3s are not good though and he is strangely ineffective from 2s drifting on his shot. But a good garbage rebounder
    Last edited by whopper; 12-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Are some of these posts necessary? I get it that Hunter hasn't played well on offense and has taken too many bad shots. But do we need to denigrate an X player like a few of these posts do?

And Hunter shot 34% from the three last year. So he's a much better shooter than he has shown so far this year.
    Last edited by XU 87; 12-19-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Hunter is good. Very good. If all that you are watching is the three point shooting then why are you even watching. He gave up 5 points in yesterday's game...5. There was some confusion on a switch and he got out there just a tad late and #32 drove in for a contested layup, that was it. He drew a number of fouls driving to the basket and getting put backs. He got numerous rebounds from misses that didn't count because there was a foul involved but he was there if the ref didn't call it. He also had a major block when Odom got beat on a drive to the basket that lead to a fast break by Kunkel who ended up getting fouled at the other end. He also brought the ball up during the press and he started out guarding Lewis who is Marquette's leading scorer. Lewis never scored on X while Hunter was guarding him.

But yes, when it comes to 3 pt attempts, I would like to see him take them like Nunge. When the defense gives you all the time in the world.
    Balls of Steele!!

He's a role player. defense, rebound. pass and play around the basket. He should understand that and play to his strengths. Steele has to understand it too. Can't figure the move to replace Odum when he went 8/9 and was obviously the hot hand. He was a blur on some of those plays and no one could guard him.
    2023 Sweet 16

It seems most here (including me) are just commenting on the reaction to Hunter at the 3 pt line and not necessarily his play in general. I think there are definite positives he brings to the team - much more than Carter and more hope that he will improve on the deficiencies. The three point issue if very fixable. Don't take them. One or two a game in when other options are not available.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Hunter is a GREAT defender and he does dirty work underneath that doesn’t always get credit.
    He is also a good free throw shooter. I don’t know what disease was hanging around the foul line on Saturday but it infected the whole team.
    He just needs to take a break from trying to be Steph Curry and do the other stuff. If he’s patient, the points will come. I think the staff will get him in line.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell