Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memo to Hunter

Memo to Hunter

Even if you are forced to shoot a 3 because time is running out and you're down by 2. Just hold the ball and let the clock run out. There is a better chance of you making the basket by just holding on to it.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Memo to Hunter: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Freshman
    Missed a three, a layup and two foul shots in the space of thirty seconds that nearly cost us the game at about the 3:20 mark

No need for him to be on the court late in a close game.

Rough stretch for sure. Hate hearing the crowd grumble and boo as he’s thinking about a shot though.

He is this years Carter, that’s for sure.

Sophomore
    lets not make him a Carter..I think he has more confidence. I saw Carter go from serviceable player to a negative and it hurt me as I have been there 45 yrs ago. Carter actually was the key player in beating UConn in Charleston hitting foul shots and rebounding in Nov 2019 and lost confidence big time

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    lets not make him a Carter..I think he has more confidence. I saw Carter go from serviceable player to a negative and it hurt me as I have been there 45 yrs ago. Carter actually was the key player in beating UConn in Charleston hitting foul shots and rebounding in Nov 2019 and lost confidence big time
    Maybe the memo should be for Steele to not play him in these situations. Steele would probably leave Shaq on the floor to shoot free throws to close out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Even if you are forced to shoot a 3 because time is running out and you're down by 2. Just hold the ball and let the clock run out. There is a better chance of you making the basket by just holding on to it.

I don’t want him shooting threes either. I just dropped by to compliment you on how consistent your fandom is.

Honestly, there is a lot to like about Hunter’s game. He’s proven he can be a important part of this team. He plays hard and makes some good decisions that have helped the team. He’s stepped up to grab loose balls, crashed the boards for some key rebounds, played some solid defense and even made some nice baskets in transition. He’s even shown nice touch with those 10 footer jumpers.

The trouble is he has a tendency to try to make a play or shot that is not necessary or not the smart option (i.e. it’s the option that clearly does not have the best chance for success) during that particular offensive position. If he can keep playing hard and work on sticking to the smarter decisions, he could take his game to another level and be a bigger asset for this team.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Honestly, there is a lot to like about Hunter’s game. He’s proven he can be a important part of this team. He plays hard and makes some good decisions that have helped the team. He’s stepped up to grab loose balls, crashed the boards for some key rebounds, played some solid defense and even made some nice baskets in transition. He’s even shown nice touch with those 10 footer jumpers.

The trouble is he has a tendency to try to make a play or shot that is not necessary or not the smart option (i.e. it’s the option that clearly does not have the best chance for success) during that particular offensive position. If he can keep playing hard and work on sticking to the smarter decisions, he could take his game to another level and be a bigger asset for this team.
    Absolutely. He’s too confident on offense. That’s his biggest problem. He is not nearly at Carter level in terms of ineptitude as a whole. Hunter just needs to be reigned in to do what he does best and he is a big asset. Shooting 3’s is not that.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Absolutely. He’s too confident on offense. That’s his biggest problem. He is not nearly at Carter level in terms of ineptitude as a whole. Hunter just needs to be reigned in to do what he does best and he is a big asset. Shooting 3’s is not that.
    I agree. I don't know how someone who is 7-37 from the 3 this year can be so confident, but he is. And his free throw shooting makes Shaq look like Calvin Murphy. But he does bring a lot on defense and on the the boards. He could be a James Farr type of guy - someone who realized he wasn't a perimeter player and became a beast down low.