Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freshman

Students/UC Game

Does anyone know when students return........will they be back on campus for the UC game?

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Does anyone know when students return........will they be back on campus for the UC game?
    no they are gone until the new year

I would guess that we will still have good representation there from local Cincy kids

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    no they are gone until the new year

I would guess that we will still have good representation there from local Cincy kids
    Had lunch with a local friend today with a XU freshman daughter. said students earned points by attending other xu sporting events to earn tickets to the UC game. Four of her xu student friends are coming back to town for the game and staying with them.
    I think we will have good student representation at the game.

-deepX

Quote Originally Posted by deepX View Post
    Had lunch with a local friend today with a XU freshman daughter. said students earned points by attending other xu sporting events to earn tickets to the UC game. Four of her xu student friends are coming back to town for the game and staying with them.

-deepX
    That’s awesome!

All-Conference
    There's zero chance the student section will be half full for the Shootout - is this really a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by deepX View Post

-deepX
    Love it! But the burning question remains. Where is Cup Snake!
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    There's zero chance the student section will be half full for the Shootout - is this really a concern?
    If not, it’s time to let the esteemed alumni (or anybody, we need the dudes) of this board have first dibs! I’m sure some of you still possess a Snuggie?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    If not, it’s time to let the esteemed alumni (or anybody, we need the dudes) of this board have first dibs! I’m sure some of you still possess a Snuggie?
    Most of us who were at the Snuggie game either left our Snuggies in some old lady's room (Kahn's Krazy), puked all over it (Fred Garvin), or somehow discarded the soiled remnants of said snuggie. We lost that game to Duquesne and vowed to never wear them to a game again. I doubt there are any remaining from that foggy, debauchery filled day.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Most of us who were at the Snuggie game either left our Snuggies in some old lady's room (Kahn's Krazy), puked all over it (Fred Garvin), or somehow discarded the soiled remnants of said snuggie. We lost that game to Duquesne and vowed to never wear them to a game again. I doubt there are any remaining from that foggy, debauchery filled day.
    Well done and congrats. Still kicking myself for not joining that trip. It was legendary. If only we still had that level of spirit and intensity, we could win the whole bleeping thing! :)

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Well done and congrats. Still kicking myself for not joining that trip. It was legendary. If only we still had that level of spirit and intensity, we could win the whole bleeping thing! :)
    Frankly, I miss the Popes. I also miss the guys who dressed up relative to a player each year (e.g. Chalmers' choo-choo's because Chalmers first name was Lionel). But the student section has never been better, at least over the 35+ years that I have been going to X games.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)