Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freemantle Back

Like to see Free and Nunge for a few minutes.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    I saw signs of frustration last year where too much was expected of him and he played soft of defense to protect self from foul trouble. Also that he may have forced offenses as he saw few options. That won't be the case this year with Nunge and even Miles(even Edwards and Stanley). His numbers will be down but his effectiveness up. Lets hope

Excellent timing with Freemantle. And hopefully Edwards picking up some more court time?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Excellent timing with Freemantle. And hopefully Edwards picking up some more court time?
    I bet Edwards get pt sporadically based on matchups and foul trouble. Miles and Nunge will split most minutes.

If X goes 4 guards, maybe Edwards will play center with Miles as they are the fastest big men.

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Whos minutes is he getting?

Sophomore
    I would think (and hope) Hunter's

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SC in DC View Post
    I would think (and hope) Hunter's
    If you are talking Freemantle I agree, but Edwards wont be getting a surge in mins anytime soon with Free coming back.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    If you are talking Freemantle I agree, but Edwards wont be getting a surge in mins anytime soon with Free coming back.
    Exactly Please watch Hunter defensively and how he rebounds. He and Edwards are completely different players. Yes, Hunter needs to stop shooting so much.

Sophomore
    Sorry, I guess I read that wrong. If talking Edwards, he's only getting mop up minutes as long as everyone else stays healthy.

I love that Edwards got some significant playing time while Freemantle was out. My brother-in-law (a non-X guy who was watching the VT game with me) was really impressed with Edwards- especially his defense. Still, Edwards doesn’t look quite as comfortable on the court as the more seasoned
    bigs (understandably) and I would expect him to have his minutes reduced a bit.

I think we will see that adding Free will allow Travis to find some success with a few different lineups.

The lineup I have been posting that I am most excited to see is “Zach- Jack” together with Nate, Paul and Colby.