Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I think that's going to be a very important win.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Good win being short handed over a tournament team, VT is so slouch. Nate was simply amazing, and the team showed a lot of heart being down 4 with a couple minutes left and pulling it out. Whew.
    Could not have put it any better.
    X A V I E R

Freshman
    File this whole tournament in the dumpster and be happy to escape 1-1. Great performance by Nate.

Have to give Steele a bit of a pass if Miles was sick in H2 vs Iowa St (and why Hunter was kept in).

Tough to have any confidence in the offense (like the last 3 seasons) but Nunge def been impressive (and his defense has been very solid so far!). The team clearly better with Nunge on the court so hope we see Nunge and Free both in the post (and not shooting 3s) together. Should open the offense a bit too if it forces teams to collapse on the post.

Those last 3 mins def saved some heartache but at least we go to bed happy!

It'll be a W in somebody's big book.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I admit I didn't give X a chance at all after Wednesday. Huge win. Great time for Edwards and Nunge with so much experience.

Johnson was clearly the best player on the team. Odom had some sloppy play BUT he made up for it.

Travis Ford clearly coached a great game missing 4 starters.

Gutsy win for the players.

When I heard who all was missing, I figured we would either get smoked, or the guys would pull together, play a great game, and somehow get a win. I admit that I was expecting the former. Quite happy to get the latter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    Exactly what I just said to my son. We got really freakin lucky on that. It was a well designed play. Buy hey, we'll take it.
    That’s what I saw too. VT got the shot they wanted, then they got another 2 chances at the tip in after they missed. They just didn’t execute. Thank God.
    Eat Donuts!

Junior
    With everyone missing fresh off a very disappointing loss, I didn’t care how they won, I’m impressed they were able to. If they want to make the tournament that win will be big in helping the cause. Don’t care how it looked, that’s a win vs a top 50 team without key players. I’ll take it…xavier may very well have wins over 2-3 tournament teams already.

VTCasey
    @VTCasey
    ·
    1h
    This fucker from Xavier just doesn’t miss
    2023 Sweet 16