Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If...

If...

Coach Steele comes back. What changes do you want to see next year? Staffing? Different Offense? Different Rotations?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    different athletic director

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    different athletic director
    Exactly what I came here to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Exactly what I came here to say.
    Same here.

Press passes for XavierHoops.com moderators.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

All-Conference
    Until you have 3-4 consistent shooters, his offensive philosophy won't work.

Square peg, round hole right now. The attributes of his players don't match the competencies needed to be successful in his offense. He's forcing his offensive philosophy. To me, that is THE MOST IMPORTANT reason why this team struggles. The talent is good enough.

IF he comes bsck, there will be NO changes. Him coming back would be an endorsement of what he has already been doing, and an acceptance of the results. Why would he make any changes?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Until you have 3-4 consistent shooters, his offensive philosophy won't work.

Square peg, round hole right now. The attributes of his players don't match the competencies needed to be successful in his offense. He's forcing his offensive philosophy. To me, that is THE MOST IMPORTANT reason why this team struggles. The talent is good enough.
    I feel like this should be the most damning thing about him. We're 4 years in, yet we are in the bottom third of the country in shooting every single year. For all the talk about how he's a brilliant recruiter, he seems to love bringing in guys that don't fit at all in his system.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I feel like this should be the most damning thing about him. We're 4 years in, yet we are in the bottom third of the country in shooting every single year. For all the talk about how he's a brilliant recruiter, he seems to love bringing in guys that don't fit at all in his system.
    He does draw up really good inbounds plays though, that's like one thing he has going.

I’d like to see a Travis Steele PowerPoint presentation of the changes considered and those implemented following the three previous seasons, and evaluate from there. I am not sure if it is an inability to accurately evaluate which changes need to be made, or an inability to implement those changes.