Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I agree - that would not be a great year. Sadly, I think the higher ups at Xavier do think that it would be a great year.

Seriously though - does anybody here really believe that Travis can take this program to a Final Four?
    I am not even sure he can take the most experienced team he’ll ever have to the first round. Bring back Mack

The best thing Travis has going as a coach is the cancellation of the 19-20 Tournament. Let that sink in.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBob View Post
    Without saying all of on this board support the program and the University. We all want Travis to succeed, but, at some point the three plus years of inconsistent and poor play has to fall on the coach. As I’ve stated many times I would have hired him too. Unfortunately I think he might fall into the Dick LeBeau, Bruce Coslet territory. They all knew the game but for some reason couldn’t get their teams to produce. The Muskies are making the same mistakes four years running, that’s on the coach. We seem to lack discipline and focus especially on the road. I hope I’m totally wrong, I realize this is one game in a long season, but it looks like deja vu all over again.
    I’ll tell you what, I’ve been much more disappointed by X losses. Tonight’s game seemed predictable and just ticked me off. I want Xavier to succeed. I don’t care about Steele, or Chris Mack, or whomever. I don’t know these people, except that each is another in a long line of glorified gym teachers. I want someone who will properly lead the marketing identity that made my alma mater a national brand. Please come back Sean, or even Thad at this point.

Chris Mack can stay the fudge away. I own that douche bag’s 2012 Sweet-16 ring, the season of the brawl and superhero Tu’s final season. I bought it from an online auction, but not from him. The focker had already previously unloaded it. I bought it just so it would not fall into the wrong hands. He is dead to me, ring be damned. These multi-millionaire crackpots can win games or get lost.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Nunge is 2 for 10 from 3 point range this year (20%). Hunter is 2 for 20 from 3 point range this year (10%). Yet both these guys routinely line up behind the 3 point line and appear to have a solid green light to shoot the 3. Who set up the offense? Who is giving the green light?
    That’s 30 attempts between the two of them, through 5 games. This almost makes me physically sick to my stomach. So tired of this new-agey game where most of these coaches (glorified gym teachers) have no clue how to actually digest analytics. I’m sorry, if you boil this great game down to layups and 3-pointers, you are an absolute idiot. It’s as if there are no complicating factors, such as game situation and player skill set/strengths. Oh, and there’s this little thing called opposition defense, where the opposing coaches scheme against you, and the talented opposition players execute those schemes. This means you have to take what the defense gives, and guess what? Everyone knows every other glorified gym teacher is trying to get their team to make layups and 3-pointers nowadays. Frankly, it’s what teams have always tried to defend against. This is what made MJ, Kobe, and Lebron so great— their ability to score from anywhere on the court, at any time, because they took what the defense gave them. Often,that meant they were scoring from the mid-range.
    Last edited by XUBison; 11-25-2021 at 12:20 AM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I am not even sure he can take the most experienced team he’ll ever have to the first round. Bring back Mack
    Screw Mack he sucks too. Now I would take back Sean Miller. At least his teams played with some toughness and his teams were playing with talent they got in the A10. He would recruit very well and have tough guys in the Big East.

You guys are hammering Steele pretty good here, but am I the only one pointing directly at Paul Scruggs for this debacle? What the hell is wrong with this guy! He definitely has a reputation for disappearing in games throughout his career, but this one takes the cake. How is it possible that a guy LOADED with experience and physical attributes, go full blown Casper the Ghost? 1-14??? ZERO FT attempts? ONE rebound? 5 turnovers? PLUS his guy pinned a 30 spot on him......GTFO, an absolute embarrassment.

Coaches coach and leaders lead. Steele coached a fine 1st half....not good enough. Scruggs sleep walks the entire game.....inexcusable!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-25-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    One thing is consistent - 3.5 years of some consistent "what in the hell is going on with this team" - something we've never had to consistently concern ourselves with.

Sure, all teams play like crap every once in a while. But when will this program, under Steele, ever get over the hump he's been trying to get over for 4 years now? I've seen enough to think this is who we are.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    You guys are hammering Steele pretty good here, but am I the only one pointing directly at Paul Scruggs for this debacle? What the hell is wrong with this guy! He definitely has a reputation for disappearing in games throughout his career, but this one takes the cake. How is it possible that a guy LOADED with experience and physical attributes, go full blown Casper the Ghost? 1-14??? ZERO FT attempts? ONE rebound? 5 turnovers? PLUS his guy pinned a 30 spot on him......GTFO, an absolute embarrassment.

Coaches coach and leaders lead. Steele coached a fine 1st half....not good enough. Scruggs sleep walks the entire game.....inexcusable!
    Oh I agree. Paul, Nate and Steele should all share blame in this loss..they were all complete crap. Steele fourth year coaching, Paul and Nate 5th year seniors and this is what that group comes up with?

I thought Steele had turned a corner in the Ohio state in which the strategy was clear from the tip…pound the paint, aggressive d…then last night, it is back to the same old Steele coached team of the past three years. I’m so effing sick of seeing Steele stick with his guys no matter how they are playing..three plus years of this bullshit of not adjusting lineups based on needs within the game and how players are performing. It’s effing insanity. It will be interesting to see the response tomorrow.

I've seen enough. This is the same coach today that we promoted and gave the job to 4 years ago. I see almost no ability to tactically make adjustments and get this team through games like last night.

Keep in mind that was a first year coach, with almost a completely new roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Oh I agree. Paul, Nate and Steele should all share blame in this loss..they were all complete crap. Steele fourth year coaching, Paul and Nate 5th year seniors and this is what that group comes up with?

I thought Steele had turned a corner in the Ohio state in which the strategy was clear from the tip…pound the paint, aggressive d…then last night, it is back to the same old Steele coached team of the past three years. I’m so effing sick of seeing Steele stick with his guys no matter how they are playing..three plus years of this bullshit of not adjusting lineups based on needs within the game and how players are performing. It’s effing insanity. It will be interesting to see the response tomorrow.
    Its not just lineup adjustments.....its tactical changes too. Little to no defensive adjustments and it was clear ISU strategy was to disrupt our offensive flow by not allowing our perimeter players much room to move at all. They were all over the ball. We reverted to our dribble, hold onto the ball mentality instead of the great ball movement we saw the last two games.