Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

Time to move on

I think we have all seen enough. It's time to move on from Steele. The guy just is clueless. Why on earth would you let your team keep jacking up 3's when they are 2-19? No offense is ran, defense is atrocious and it's been this way for over 3 years. This season is a win win for X fans. We do great, well we do great. If we suck, we get rid of Steele. Win win for all of us. Now the question becomes who does X get as coach? I'm going Lexus all day long. Buick's are pretty nice these days. I'm sure X can give him one of those. If it's good enough for Shaq it's good enough for anyone.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I disagree - it’s not a win win for fans. My greatest fear is that Travis makes the NCAA tournament, loses in the first round, and then Xavier promptly rewards him with a 5 year extension for a job well done. You know it’s going to happen.

That would not be a great year. A great year would be winning games in the tournament. Making the dance is what VD strives for not Xavier. X needs to win at least one game and they need to make the dance convincingly. No first 4 or last 4 in. I need at least a 7 seed. Just quit Steele. Go have babies with your wife and go live a nice little life. But please stay out of ours. YOU SIR SUCK at your job.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Walk-On
    Totally agree. Xavier looked like garbage tonight against a team that was horrendous last year and will probably finish towards the bottom of their conference. It would be incredible if Xavier could someday reach the heights of a program like Gonzaga, but Steele will never get them there. Promoting from within works until doesn’t. It worked for Xavier for a long time, but it’s time to look elsewhere. A finish less than third in the conference would be a major disappointment this year. Marquette and Seton Hall have looked surprisingly good early on. It’s going to be a tough season unless the team can come together and get motivated. I am not sure if Steele can motivate these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    That would not be a great year. A great year would be winning games in the tournament. Making the dance is what VD strives for not Xavier. X needs to win at least one game and they need to make the dance convincingly. No first 4 or last 4 in. I need at least a 7 seed. Just quit Steele. Go have babies with your wife and go live a nice little life. But please stay out of ours. YOU SIR SUCK at your job.
    I agree - that would not be a great year. Sadly, I think the higher ups at Xavier do think that it would be a great year.

Seriously though - does anybody here really believe that Travis can take this program to a Final Four?
    Last edited by XUOWNSUC; 11-24-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Just nine teams have finished in the top 20 of KenPom each of the last two years. The fact that one of those nine is BYU, in Pope’s first two years as coach, speaks volumes about how elite at the job he is. That stat becomes even more impressive when you consider that BYU lost its top three scorers from the 2019–20 team heading into 2020–21. Pope is a skilled tactician (especially on offense) and a savvy recruiter who has brought in some highly regarded talent to Provo. After getting a look for the Arizona job this spring, expect some of the bigger brands in the sport to have Pope on their wish list should their jobs open ... though Pope’s Mormon faith might keep him in Provo for the long haul.
    Mark Pope at BYU.

Supporting Member
    Without saying all of on this board support the program and the University. We all want Travis to succeed, but, at some point the three plus years of inconsistent and poor play has to fall on the coach. As I’ve stated many times I would have hired him too. Unfortunately I think he might fall into the Dick LeBeau, Bruce Coslet territory. They all knew the game but for some reason couldn’t get their teams to produce. The Muskies are making the same mistakes four years running, that’s on the coach. We seem to lack discipline and focus especially on the road. I hope I’m totally wrong, I realize this is one game in a long season, but it looks like deja vu all over again.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post

Seriously though - does any here really believe that Travis can take this program to a Final Four?
    No.

Supporting Member
    Pope is soon the be a Power conference coach when BYU goes to Big 12.

Freshman
    Nunge is 2 for 10 from 3 point range this year (20%). Hunter is 2 for 20 from 3 point range this year (10%). Yet both these guys routinely line up behind the 3 point line and appear to have a solid green light to shoot the 3. Who set up the offense? Who is giving the green light?

Again, for the 4th year, undisciplined offense, a defense that is only good at allowing opponents to get to the rim. Low basketball IQ, no energy. Low basketball IQ (felt that was worth repeating). We average 15 turnovers per game, and that is a very consistent numberr, not swayed by one or two bad games.

I almost hope we do not get to the dance so that there is no way steele comes back. And give Greg Christopher the boot as well.