Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Xville, you do bitch about everything Steele related. If he made a tweak here or there, you'd bitch about not making big changes. About same old same old and expecting different results. You and MOR both hate on Steele every chance you get. It's old.
    C'mon MADX. You can't post something like this and leave out OTR....you risked getting him butt hurt, by not acknowledging all his hard work on this subject!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    dude, he was playing for Ferris State when Mack left. Mack never recruited him. Steel did.

You are so desperately trying to make you point that Steel doesn't recruit tough big guys that you are creating an alternate world where the facts are different so the actual facts don't undermine your opinion.

Steele recruited Hankins. Just accept it.
    It's funny when people demand an alternate reality when they are indeed posting alternative facts lol

Steele was on Mack's staff, so yes, Steele recruited him - but he was recruiting for Mack's wants and needs. Hankins was all-in with Mack, and then Mack went to Louisville. Steele had to seal the deal when Mack left as Hankins was pondering going a different direction. These are the facts.

Mack recruit 100% - but yes, of course Steele recruited him under Mack as he was his lead recruiter.

If Mack wasn't involved, would Steele have ever recruited him? We will never know, but if his recruiting history tells us anything, the answer is probably no.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-21-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    If Jack Nunge leaves early (He’s in grad school now) we are screwed next year.
    I hope he doesn't leave but to be fair at this time last year we didn't know we'd have Nunge the next year and even once we got him we didn't know he'd be as good as he's been. So there is too much time between now and then for me to say we will be screwed if he leaves.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It's funny when people demand an alternate reality when they are indeed posting alternative facts lol

Steele was on Mack's staff, so yes, Steele recruited him - but he was recruiting for Mack's wants and needs. Hankins was all-in with Mack, and then Mack went to Louisville. Steele had to seal the deal when Mack left as Hankins was pondering going a different direction. These are the facts.

Mack recruit 100% - but yes, of course Steele recruited him under Mack as he was his lead recruiter.

If Mack wasn't involved, would Steele have ever recruited him? We will never know, but if his recruiting history tells us anything, the answer is probably no.
    “(Steele) made me his No. 1 priority for recruiting as soon as he got the job,” Hankins told 247 Sports. “That showed me the need and desire he had for me.”

Ok, you are right. Steele had no idea what he was doing. He continued to carry out his boss's orders even after his boss was gone.

So also, this quote above means that either Hankins lied, and Steele never said that, or Steele lied and said it but didnt mean it.

Honestly, at this point I just want to see how far you are willing to go.

All-Conference
    “(Steele) made me his No. 1 priority for recruiting as soon as he got the job,” Hankins told 247 Sports. “That showed me the need and desire he had for me.”

Ok, you are right. Steele had no idea what he was doing. He continued to carry out his boss's orders even after his boss was gone.

So also, this quote above means that either Hankins lied, and Steele never said that, or Steele lied and said it but didnt mean it.

Honestly, at this point I just want to see how far you are willing to go.
    Funny how the quotes you pick from the article makes the other quotes in the article non-existent lol

He was such a priority he misused him until the last month of his career (your words not mine), and then went on to never recruit another one like him out of high school.

Why on earth are you arguing that Steele doesn't make PF's a priority? That seems pretty obvious at this point to pretty much everyone here but you. If you're going to argue on his behalf, pick something less obvious. Maybe focus on mean mugging or "my guys man"
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-21-2022 at 03:43 PM.

I wouldn’t say that Steele hasn’t recruited power forwards. Based on the 24/7 offers list for the years 2019-2022, X has offered a minimum of 10 players who they consider to be power forwards. He has landed Ramsey in 2019 (project), Tucker (project), and Edwards (project). They have not landed any others. Ramsey obviously didn’t work out and has transferred. Tucker is a question mark, 24/7 has him listed at 6’7” and 190 lbs. X has him listed as weighing 214lbs, and I remember reading that he is more like 6’8” or even 6’9” after growing last summer. If he is really 6’8” and 215lbs, he might be useful in that position next year. Edwards is listed by X as a forward and being 6’9” and 220 lbs, but from what we’ve seen he appears to prefer to play on the exterior and isn’t really a banger. The problem is that these 3 players are all just projects and that X hasn’t landed an impact player for that position since I can’t remember when. Stanley was supposed to be that kind of player, so we’re Griffin and Carter, but none of them really worked out. Who was the last POWER Forward that came to X as a freshman recruit and had a decent freshman year and made a real impact by their sophomore year? Some might answer Freemantle, but he’s not really a big bodied banger, is he? Is the problem lack of emphasis on recruiting that kind of player, or lack of developing that kind of player, or playing style of the team? In any of these cases, I’d have to lay the responsibilities on the coaching staff, and that means it ultimately lies on Steele. I’m not “hating” on Steele here. I’m just stating facts. It’s my belief that X NEEDS a player of that type in order to compete successfully in the BE, and I don’t see where they have it presently. Maybe one of the projects on the current roster, or a transfer player, can fill that role next year. I hope so. But history doesn’t support it.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 01-21-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Funny how the quotes you pick from the article makes the other quotes in the article non-existent lol

He was such a priority he misused him until the last month of his career (your words not mine), and then went on to never recruit another one like him out of high school.

Why on earth are you arguing that Steele doesn't make PF's a priority? That seems pretty obvious at this point to pretty much everyone here but you. If you're going to argue on his behalf, pick something less obvious. Maybe focus on mean mugging or "my guys man"
    Well, your contention was that he wasnt Steele's recruits. How he played or how he was used is simply irrelevant when evaluating the truth of your statement.

He was Steele's recruit. Are there other questions or topics you want to pursue? Like should we discuss Hankins performance now, or other recruits that aren't Hankins? Your attempts to divert attention AWAY from the fact that you are wrong are so obvious.

put the shovel down. The hole is plenty deep.

Supporting Member
    Well, your contention was that he wasnt Steele's recruits. How he played or how he was used is simply irrelevant when evaluating the truth of your statement.

He was Steele's recruit. Are there other questions or topics you want to pursue? Like should we discuss Hankins performance now, or other recruits that aren't Hankins? Your attempts to divert attention AWAY from the fact that you are wrong are so obvious.

You said mack never recruited him, which is wrong.

All-Conference

He was originally Mack’s recruit. That’s also true. Of course Steele recruited him if he was recruiting for Mack.

And as I’ve stated from the beginning, what PF that Mack recruited from HS has panned out? It hasn’t been and continues he’s to not be a priority for how he constructs his teams. You disagree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think he means Elijah Tucker possibly? but hes far from a post player that is going to be effective in the big East at this current state. Being 6’7 he needs to really bulk up.
    oops! Thank you.