Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Yes Nunge had a good game last night BUT he was pushed around and out rebounded for the majority of the game. Freemantlle too.
    Jack Nunge was +12 when he was on the court last night. He saved the game.
    The above is Bullsheet.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Depends if you count Jones in that roll. Feel like he is definitely a big that is physical and rebounds. I’m not sure Hankins qualifies, but both were with Steele. (Was Jones only here one year or two? Feel like it was Steeles first two years) Obviously the roster is lacking it now.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Depends if you count Jones in that roll. Feel like he is definitely a big that is physical and rebounds. I’m not sure Hankins qualifies, but both were with Steele. (Was Jones only here one year or two? Feel like it was Steeles first two years) Obviously the roster is lacking it now.
    Both Hankins and Tyrique were Mack guys - yes, Steele was a coach, but he recruits to the wants of the head coach.

Steele has yet to recruit or transfer in a power forward that has been a force in the paint.

It's obvious by roster construction and recruiting pipeline how he wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Both Hankins and Tyrique were Mack guys - yes, Steele was a coach, but he recruits to the wants of the head coach.

Steele has yet to recruit or transfer in a power forward that has been a force in the paint.

It's obvious by roster construction and recruiting pipeline how he wants to play.
    This is truth and a BIG problem in the Big East. Stop with the finesse guys. We need a banger.
    But just more proof that Steele wants to be Villanova west
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    I definitely agree, just saying for 2/4 years he has had that big physical player. I always think they aren’t easy to come by and give Steele benefit of the doubt- he has recruited project bigs. Yet almost every game I see a big on the other team that fits the roll and think “man X could really use that”.

I guess this year he’d be taking Freemantle minutes?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think I am harder on Miles than most, so this may seem harsh, but my answer would be because he isn't any good.

Not sure if that is why the coaches don't play him but I would imagine so. Because, you're right, in theory, last night was a game where he could have helped. However, the coaches clearly don't think so.
    I know he was sick and didn’t come….he wouldn’t have played anyways. Sorry, he stinks. Hoped he’d turn it around but just isn’t the guy.

Put me in the camp that Steele thinks that if he has both Free and Nunge playing at a high level - then we are an elite 8 team. The only way for Free to return to the form he had last year is to keep getting game minutes - even if he is not productive. If Nunge had Free's minutes last night - we win comfortably.

My view - keep giving Free a chance to play his way back into form - through game 10 of the conf schedule. If he gets his act together - the upside is so much greater - even if it means losing 2 more games. If he does not - then we play the back half of the schedule without him and get the substitution patterns etc etc squared away for post season play.

To bail on Free right now is pre-mature - even if it means losing a couple of games.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    But just more proof that Steele wants to be Villanova west
    And what's wrong with that?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    And what's wrong with that?
    What few seem to realize (maybe even Steele if Villanova who he is trying to model the team after) is that in addition to shooters most years, they also have had ochefu, Dixon, jenkins (shorter but beefy), paschal (same as Jenkins), spellman, Robinson-earl and you absolutely need that in the big East. Apparently, Steele doesn’t think so.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-20-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    What few seem to realize (maybe even Steele if Villanova who he is trying to model the team after) is that in addition to shooters most years, they also have had ochefu, Dixon, jenkins (shorter but beefy), paschal (same as Jenkins), spellman, Robinson-earl and you absolutely need that in the big East. Apparently, Steele doesn’t think so.
    That’s a bit illogical but that’s OK. Point remains why wouldn’t you want to be Villanova west (or Gonzaga east).