Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    He was 2-4 against UConn and Marq, and 3-3 against Butler…..last year. Otherwise he certainly did struggle, and that’s putting it mildly.
    If you have ever had a bad case of bronchitis, you know it takes sometimes weeks to get your strength back.
    2018 Big East Champs!

To be clear, I'm a KyKy fan.........I am sure it is clear in practices that he's one of the last guards in terms of depth on this team

When he wins a gold jersey or two, that might signal something (i dont put much stock into the jersey thing)

Agreed, he will likely get some minutes in a big game at some point, and hopefully he seizes the oppty

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    If you have ever had a bad case of bronchitis, you know it takes sometimes weeks to get your strength back.
    I was giving stats for Kunkel from last year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I have a feeling there will be a game that he wins for us if he can stay engaged. The season is a marathon and weird things will happen along the way with sickness and injuries.
    Completely agree. His best attribute is scoring, and being able to do so by himself. We havenít quite needed that yet but we will need sparks and he can be a great spark to the offense.

I have liked to rotations, when Freemantle gets back and as Stanley gets healthy I will be curious to see how Steele handles it. That doesnít even mention KyKy who may have more of a role as he gets his health and legs back from being sick.

Whose minutes will KeeKee get?
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying he's getting someone else's minutes right now.

I think it will be a game where someone gets into foul trouble or someone is having a tough game and KyKy will get an oppty

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I would like to see him get some of Johnson and Kunkel’s when they have off nights. If he had been healthy vs Kent st for example, I would hope he could at least get a 4 minute block in that first half when shots weren’t falling.

Clearly Tandy’s defense isnt as strong and he’s been punished for it. But it’s tough to know where Tandy’s game is unless you’ve been to practice (I def haven’t).

My frustration is Tandy was clearly supposed to be one of the best players last year and his game seemed to decline rapidly once his playing time got cut. Then he started pressing and he didn't see the court ever again. Maybe he’s lost some passion and doesn’t mind seeing the court less. But I think for both parties (X and Tandy) it would have made a lot of sense to part ways after last year if Tandy wasn’t a key part of this year.

So I’m hoping it’s just early and he’s still recovering. But given his potential his freshman year, it’s tough to understand what’s gone wrong here and why someone who looked like a massive impact player is relegated to playing only in blowouts.

I’m afraid X is much closer to a 30% 3pt team than the 45% we saw vs Norfolk. Tandy’s shooting should be an asset when trying to figure out who has the hot hand.
    Last edited by kxblue; 11-22-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Norfolk State is 9-1 and has the most NCAA wins thus far. No MEAC team has ever started a season 9-1.
    Balls of Steele!!

They're in Wichita this weekend. We'll find out more abot them then. Actually, they'll be playing the Shockers (who just won at OK State) while we're busy playing OK State.

Wait, I have that wrong. Wichita State is playing K-State Sunday. Norfolk State is next Saturday.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; Today at 09:57 AM.