Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

The Scruggs Dunk

When we needed a basket most, that Scruggs dunk over Liddell was one of the most memorable plays I've seen in the Steele era.

For as solid as Scruggs has been throughout his career, that was a play that will always stand out (similar to Sumner's dunk). Just an incredible highlight from a guy who has been carrying us the through the early part of the season.

That is the play that made coming back worth it.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    When we needed a basket most, that Scruggs dunk over Liddell was one of the most memorable plays I've seen in the Steele era.

For as solid as Scruggs has been throughout his career, that was a play that will always stand out (similar to Sumner's dunk). Just an incredible highlight from a guy who has been carrying us the through the early part of the season.
    I don’t know why, but I had flashbacks to Aaron Williams’ dunk against Indiana in 1993 when Scruggs threw that down. It was just like everything went in slow motion and boom, there it was. Just a beautiful basketball play. Awesome.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I don’t know why, but I had flashbacks to Aaron Williams’ dunk against Indiana in 1993 when Scruggs threw that down. It was just like everything went in slow motion and boom, there it was. Just a beautiful basketball play. Awesome.
    Acid can be funny that way.

At least, that’s what I’ve read.

That was a seriously impressive play that I will remember for a while. It was an amazingly clutch play at a critical moment. THAT is the time for your leaders to step up, and Scruggs certainly did!
    Last edited by xu82; 11-19-2021 at 03:07 PM.

I would give a slight edge to Ed against UC but Paul had me up on my feet scaring the crap out of the missus.
    2023 Sweet 16

All-Conference
    5 years in the weight room showed up tonight - Scruggs can live in the paint if he wants.

He's a matchup nightmare for anyone that has to guard him - so wide, so physical - Scruggs deserves this.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I know we had a thread about all-time favorite XU dunks - and the Grey Ghost always comes to mind. Unfortunately he was really starting to come into his stride at the end.

Scruggs, however, it may be happening right before our very eyes.

Speaking of other threads....I have a solution for the Politics Thread:

Scruggs for President!

After he is finished his present equally important term of office as the Mayor of Cintas.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    The fact that he did it on their best player (and one of the country's most complete players) and with his left-hand make it truly special.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    The fact that he did it on their best player (and one of the country's most complete players) and with his left-hand make it truly special.
    I think Liddell might be the reason it was a left hand dunk. He had been swatting shots all game. So when Scruggs headed for the rim and saw Liddell slightly to his right he figured , If I switch to my left hand and flush it, there's no way Liddell can block it. Yes it was real, and it was spectacular.

This is a great thread, because it brings pure joy to every X fan to think about the moment.

Liddell needed a facial and Scruggs was the man to provide it.

Lots of great photos but this sums it it.