Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Of course he did...

Jason Carter put up THIS stat line in Ohio's first game on Tuesday

20pts on 8-18 shooting (4-8 from 3). 10 rebs, 1 ast, 2 stls, 2 blks, 0 TOs, 2 fouls.

in 33 minutes.

Of course he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Jason Carter put up THIS stat line in Ohio's first game on Tuesday

20pts on 8-18 shooting (4-8 from 3). 10 rebs, 1 ast, 2 stls, 2 blks, 0 TOs, 2 fouls.

in 33 minutes.

Of course he did.
    Couldn’t be because he had better sets to work off of or better looks than he got at X could it?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Couldn’t be because he had better sets to work off of or better looks than he got at X could it?
    Maybe on the 4-10 from 2 (which isn’t very good); but his three looks here couldn’t have been any better.

Good for him. He could win the Wooden Award this year at Ohio and I wouldn't be sad he was gone. Hell, I hope he comes in second to Colby Jones in the voting!

Sophomore
    i am a huge fan of slower white guys(hence the screen name) but for some reason after the St John game(where Zach stunk, Stanley got hurt and he had 16 rebounds and 10 pt(missed a few FT) he litterally looked like he forgot how to play. Q did the same the year before.. a couple of good performances and then nothing resulting in Kyky starting(no change for Carter though). Very strange as even as a supporter i could see the drop in effectiveness. It happens in all fields (Medicine, IT, Law, carpentry) but especially obvious in a metric driven game

I was as frustrated as anyone with Carter’s play at X. I feel a bit bad that a player who seems like such a likable guy had such a rough year last season. It just felt like he wasn’t really sure where he was supposed to be on the floor or what he was supposed to be doing (like the rest of the team) which contributed to his lack of confidence and poor play. It has been an ongoing theme with Steele’s teams. One that seems to be continuing this season.
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-12-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Supporting Member
    an even further indictment on our coaching staff.

I saw that stat line the other day, thought about posting it, and the refused based on the shitstorm that it would cause. Now just here watching

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    i am a huge fan of slower white guys(hence the screen name) but for some reason after the St John game(where Zach stunk, Stanley got hurt and he had 16 rebounds and 10 pt(missed a few FT) he literally looked like he forgot how to play.
    Not for nothing, but I also feel like he had to play out of position for much of last season. He clearly had some mental blocks last year, as evidenced by his FT shooting (which used to be a plus for his game) and 3pt shooting, but he was also forced to play the 5 a lot to save Freemantle from fouling out.

I wished things would've worked out differently for him, he came here and finished with a weird COVID year, and missed out on Ohio's tournament run. Who would've thought staying at OU would've been the better move for him?

I'm not here to defend Carter or Steele... but I do recall hearing after last season ended that Carter had been dealing with an injury for a lot of the season, to the point where he wasn't even practicing during a lot of Big East play. He was just saving it for the games, like you see in the NFL.