Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Freshman
    The women fell at home to Georgetown (54-40) and Villanova (58-49) over the weekend to fall to 4-15 in the Big East. They have a rescheduled game against Seton Hall tomorrow afternoon. If they win, they'll be the 9 seed and if they lose, they'll be the 10 seed in next weekend's Big East tournament.

Actually a pretty good performance against a really good Villanova team. The Georgetown result, on the other hand, is atrocious.

In general I think XU’s Women are much better looking than the XU Women of 1972.
    Just my opinion.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Xavier lost at Cintas this afternoon to Seton Hall in a rescheduled game, 74-53, and will enter the Big East tournament as the 10 seed against No. 7 St. John's. This was the last Big East regular season game of the year and moved Georgetown into the 9 seed and X into the 10.

SJU swept Xavier this season, winning 83-63 in Queens and 96-62 at the Cintas Center.

Xavier is 1-8 all time in the Big East tournament since joining the league prior to the 2013-14 season and has played on the opening day every year, advancing out of the first round in 2015 for the program's lone Big East tournament win.

2022 BIG EAST Women’s Basketball Tournament
    presented by Jeep
    Mohegan Sun Arena – Uncasville, Conn.

March 4 – First Round
    Game 1: 8 seed Providence (11-18, 6-14) vs. 9 seed Georgetown (9-18, 4-15), 11 a.m. (BEDN on FloSports)
    Game 2: 7 seed St. John’s (11-18, 7-12) vs. 10 seed Xavier (9-20, 4-16), 1:30 p.m. (BEDN on FloSports)
    Game 3: 6 seed Seton Hall (17-11, 12-8) vs. 11 seed Butler (1-26, 0-18), 4 p.m. (BEDN on FloSports)

March 5 – Quarterfinals
    Game 4: Game 1 winner vs. 1 seed Connecticut (22-5, 16-1), Noon (FS1)
    Game 5: 4 seed DePaul (22-9, 14-6) vs. 5 seed Marquette (20-9, 13-7), 2:30 p.m. (FS2)
    Game 6: Game 2 winner vs. 2 seed Villanova (21-7, 15-4), 7 p.m. (FS2)
    Game 7: Game 3 winner vs. 3 seed Creighton (20-8, 15-5), 9:30 p.m. (FS2)

March 6 – Semifinals
    Game 8: Game 4 winner vs. Game 5 winner, 3 p.m. (FS1)
    Game 9: Game 6 winner vs. Game 7 winner, 5:30 p.m. (FS1)

March 7 - Final
    Game 10: Game 8 winner vs Game 9 winner, 8 p.m. (FS1)
    All times Eastern
    Last edited by HomerCecil; 03-01-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Freshman
    So, the team's top two scorers, Clark and Satterfield, are no longer with the team. I now see that Ayanna Townsend, the team's fourth-leading scorer (9.2 points per game), is entering the transfer portal, too.

Townsend was this year's Big East Scholar-Athlete of the Year for women's basketball.

Guess we'll hear for, what, the 10th year in a row, that the team is young and inexperienced next season.

We can only afford to fire one basketball coach this year. Men's has dibs on that one firing!

Freshman
    I think it's too early to fire Moore anyway. I just don't really see many signs that anything is improving.

Also, do you trust Greg Christopher to hire a decent coach anyway? The track record is not good.

Coach Moore has her hands full cleaning up after what Brian Neal did to this program. Just look at his influence on the Butler women’s program.
    Moore has already proven to be a better coach, and more importantly a better person than Neal! She’s done a great job reaching out to all former players, fans, and faculty to make them feel welcome.

Christopher needs to go before Coach Moore.. he’s responsible for these train wrecks in both programs.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread1190 View Post
    Coach Moore has her hands full cleaning up after what Brian Neal did to this program. Just look at his influence on the Butler women’s program.
    Moore has already proven to be a better coach, and more importantly a better person than Neal! She’s done a great job reaching out to all former players, fans, and faculty to make them feel welcome.

Christopher needs to go before Coach Moore.. he’s responsible for these train wrecks in both programs.
    Can't disagree at all with your assessment of Christopher or of Neal. I'm sure Coach Moore is a great person. That being said, her three-year record at Xavier is 17-67 and 8-40 in Big East play. Neal's last three years were 33-57 and 9-45 in Big East Play. Moore dismissed this season's top two scorers from the program and the fourth leading scorer is in the transfer portal, so there isn't going to be much coming back. Again. Last year, seven players transferred out after the season. I understand the whole idea of getting your own players in to your system, etc., but we're still acting like it's her first year when she's entering her fourth year.

How is this an improvement?

First Big East Final Four since we've been in the league. Woo hoo.